Wtf! (Why the face) VVCFB left out of mail carrier drive AGAIN?!

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Emily Litella, May 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Emily Litella

Emily Litella Well-Known Member

Deleted.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  2. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance can handle the volume of food that will be collected from the mail carriers. IT'S HUGE! This is what will happen to the food that is donated tomorrow and throughout the year: St. Mary’s distributes food to nearly 500 nonprofits partners in 13 Arizona counties. These agencies include food pantries, dining halls, homeless shelters, and more.

3. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

Emily, from what I remember, being in the corporate world, and being a part of these types of collections, one has to be a part of a national syndicate such as the United Way to be included on the distribution list. It costs lots of money to get added to the list, and even more to stay on the list. I suspect VVCFB does not have the money nor the clout to get on the big list of distributions, so all of the food collected in Sun City will more than likely leave the area to go the "nearly 500 nonprofits partners in 13 Arizona counties."

St Mary's now has a location within easy distance of Sun City. So, those needing services locally can get them within easy access.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  4. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

My wife is a retired postal employee and we have always supported the drive. This year we noted the absence of Jessie's food shelf again on the list and were disappointed. Valley View Food bank does a great job and they need the donations so we may just forgo this year's letter carriers and drop food at SCHOA for them.

Emily Litella likes this.
  5. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

Emily, based upon your experience, what are the items most in demand? I would find it most helpful to know, so as I donate, I am making the contributions where it is needed most. Are there also non-food items needed? Thank you for all that you do, it is so appreciated.

6. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Good info, Emily.
    This year I gave food to the Postman. Next year I will give to Valley View.

CMartinez and Emily Litella like this.