Which neighborhoods were built first, second, etc in Sun City?

Discussion in 'Sun City New Members' started by diane, Apr 1, 2013.

1. diane

diane New Member

We are new to TOSC and may have missed this topic before. Does anyone know the approx. age of homes in each section (Union Hills, Talisman, etc)? We are starting a search to buy but want more info like the various original floorplans and characteristics of each section. We have a frient on Signal Butte and it's a lovely neighborhood! Many thanks to anyone who can advise us!

2. bmac007

bmac007 Member

Diane,

Union Hills was created by Dell Webb Corporation, the golf course was opened for play on a semi-public basis in the mid-1970's (around 1974), with the Pro Shop located in a temporary structure. Residential areas on the perimeter of the course were still under construction (home built 1974-1977). In the ensuing years, the clubhouse, swimming pool and tennis courts were completed, and, in November 1978, Del Webb transferred ownership of the club to the agreed upon 400 charter members and some 500 social members.

From what I know about Talisman.. they were built between 1969 and 1971...

I hope this helps..

3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I live in Phase II which is between Bell Road and maybe Grand or thereabouts.
    My condo was built in 1970. When I was look to buy, I had certain requirement.
    I did not want to do any upgrading, I wanted grass and a double garage. Got what I wanted.
    Since then I have replaced my water heater, washer & dryer, and refrigerator. Just 'cause I wanted new!

The SC Visitor Center has all the floor plans. I have D35 - 2 bedroom 2 bath - about 1600 sq ft.
    Get in touch with a realtor for more information or Google houses/condos Sun City Arizona.
    Ken Meade is the big real estate company and they have many offices.

4. bmac007

bmac007 Member

Thanks!! I wasn't aware of Ken Meade and look to move there in about a year!! What a great informative site.. Thanks again pegmih!!! :eek:

5. Fiona

Fiona New Member

Can we post the name of realtors we use? I have one that is beyond helpful, yet not pushy at all. I can send you the name via private email I think.