When is enough, enough?

Discussion in 'Non Sun City Related Discussions' started by BPearson, Jun 30, 2019.

1. fixj

fixj Active Member

My music source is a retired physician in WA who has over 20,000 CDs that he sells and trades as a hobby. He also has vinyl. It takes up his 3 car garage.
    Organized by genre/ alphabetical. It's a treasure hunt.
    Next time there I will search thru PP&M.
    Blue Tooth ( ear buds ) have enhanced gym work outs and golf practice. Not safe for cycling unfortunately.

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Speaking of Willie Nelson aggie, i've become a huge fan of the Highwaymen; Nelson, Cash, Jennings and Kristofferson.

As far as vinyl, i don't get it fix. I know people say the sound is more true, but the blue tooth technology is pretty darn good. It doesn't get any better than telling Alexa to play something and there it is. No muss, no fuss, nothing to put away or store.

I've got to write the next Webb segment, but after that i'll stop back and fill you in on the latest book series i have been reading aggie.

3. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

4. fixj

fixj Active Member

Sea Stories by Adm. Wm McRaven.

5. BPearson

Dang aggie, the book thread is too far towards the bottom so i'll just keeping ruining this thread. It will make the trumper's happy.

Finished the Webb piece 1928-1940, went and looked at a house for a friend out of the state and antsy to buy and then walked to Bell for my workout. Oops, quick dip in the pool in between. Nice.

On the way home from Bell clicked on my phone and brought up Il Divo; my goodness they can sing. BTW, bought a set of MPOW earphones on line and they are awesome. I think they were $25 and the sound is brilliant. There was a cheaper set but i opted for the upgraded version. Could not be happier.

Back to books. I especially like the two series i am reading, both with roots to Phoenix. Jon Talton was a writer for the AZ Republic and had done a David Mapstone series (9 books) and i have 8 of them is anyone is interested (once i get them back from a friend). He's a MCO officer turned history professor, turned MCO officer handling cold cases. Pretty good reads and lots of local references.

The second set is another local writer, Betty Webb. She too was a reporter for local papers and has a series of books all titled Desert _____. I have 9 of the ten books and am on book 3. Fun books.

Finally i read a three book series by Michael Brandman, Buddy Steel books. I have the first two, the last was a library book. I read the third one first and enjoyed it so much i bought the other two.

Nothing like escaping from the craziness of life in the United States these days.

6. Kim-Sandy Kline

Kim-Sandy Kline New Member

Being an Alaskan and not being a Trump supporter I get more than my share of being called, and it is done with great disdain, “liberal”.
    I guess for me the clue phone is we have a person in an office who is “suppose to” work with all Americans and not just those who stroke his ego. Also, the whole let me “tweet” my feelings seems more adolescent- not saying he is the only one who might want to show a bit more restraint, but he is “suppose” to be a leader... guess he is, a lead tweeter. We don’t talk politics for the most part in my house as my husband is a true Alaskan in thought and I am a misfit Alaskan.

Emily Litella likes this.
  7. BPearson

Stick to talking about the weather, the Cardinals and where to have dinner with the husband. It will make for a way happier marriage given your different leanings. Aggie; who posts here, has the same dilemma, maybe she can offer tips. :p

8. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

You're right Bill. Conversations regarding politics is very limited unless it's between certain sane individuals. I've found that there are too many people that try to bait you into an argument that has no chance of being rational or intelligent. It is hard not to be somewhat depressed over the state of affairs from the local level to the "Throne". So, to avoid my blood pressure from rising just thinking about this topic, I'll end it here. :D

9. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Politics aside, the events of this weekend have given me such a heavy heart. Three of our children live in very racially diverse areas and makes fear for their safety a reality. Equipped with my magic wand I want this all to stop! There is no emoticon that can express my feelings right now.

10. BPearson

Where do we start to even begin to try and put it all back together? And sorry aggie, politics isn't an aside here, it's the end all be all. It's time to stop pretending it's no ones fault that hatred is running rampant. I's time to start holding politicians accountable for both their actions and inaction. This didn't start with Trump, it's been festering for years now. Make no mistake, it's gotten worse under his leadership. You cannot have the most influential bully pulpit in the country and expect not to influence followers with your words.

No, i'm not accusing him of pulling the trigger. I am saying when you throw the tinder in the fire pit everyday of your life, don't be surprised when some jackass lights the match to it. I am saying when politician's and the NRA don't have the ability to find ways to work for a safer America, there's something wrong. How many have to die before we finally have had enough?

I used to and still do read every day right wing web sites. One time following a mass shooting, one of the posters explained it this way: "It's the price we pay for freedom." I will never forget his or her words. What an incredible price we are paying to be free eh? At what point does that price become too much? For some, i expect they believe the answer is never, for me, we are well past due.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  11. BPearson

Kudos to Trump for calling out the white nationalist and hate mongers. Now let's see what he does with gun registration, restoring the department under Homeland security he dismantled that dealt with hate crime and more importantly his actions at his rally's. Words are meaningless empty vessels without actions.

12. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I won't kudo Trump for his pained reading of the prepared words regarding racism. You could see he was choking on the words and longed to go off script. He has no sincerity unless it benefits himself or his causes. There was no "I" when he condemned the actions but only "we as a nation". The only time he made a spontaneous remark he didn't even name the correct city. Ugh........See how you baited me to reply!

13. BPearson

You of all people should know this aggie, given your Wisconsin roots: Bait hook, throw hook in water...reel them in.

Just kidding. The simple truth will all be revealed at the next Trump rally. Not a hope in hell anything changes.