What the hell is this all about?

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Jun 8, 2016.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Yesterday i got a call from one of my favorite newspaper reporters asking me about a "for profit" corporation the RCSC was planning on creating. Years back while on the board i had speculated on just how far the RCSC should go in preparing for the future. Rusty remembered my comments about recreating a Play and Stay program and how aggressively i wanted to pursue the Lakes Club.

He wanted to know if i knew anything about this company, and if it was in line with what we had talked about years back. I was stunned to hear this was in the works and said if in fact the RCSC was going to do something like this, they would need to do it as a motion. Consequently his call sent me scurrying to the RCSC website and the agenda for Monday's Board/Member exchange.

Imagine my surprise to find this motion for the Monday meeting. Apparently this motion is to create a corporation to buy or force foreclosures (at least that's what the motion implies).

All of which dredges up lots of questions: What's this all about? How does it impact the pending lawsuit? How much money is there to be made and how will it be funded? Way more, but perhaps on Monday all will be answered.

And as a footnote, i cannot emphasize the fact these are the kinds of actions that belong in front of the community, preferably a long range planning committee...not behind closed doors.

PS. Take a look at the rest of the motions as well. Should be an interesting meeting.

2. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that create a higher tax burden?*

The agenda projects are so disheartening... most all the money goes to golf courses. I know this has been pointed out many times before but it's really a tough thing to read.*

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  3. BPearson

Staggering in so many ways C. The golf allocations are off the charts crazy...less than 20% of the Sun City residents are golfers.

I defy one board member to have the courage to post a graph of total golf rounds played on a yearly basis, 2000 through the year 2016.

Golf is and always has been an important part of Sun City, but given what has gone on in the last 8 years on golf course spending is beyond acceptable...especially given no one other than the board and staff are the ones making those decisions.

4. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

How many properties are we talking about how? Why do this now?

Do they not know how many rounds of golf have been played, or will they just not publish the info?

In addition to the number of rounds, let's break that down into resident play vs outsider play vs tournament play.

What type of ROI are we getting for maintaining these golf courses?

BUT...the golf courses are deeded as golf courses, they can't be changed, or can they? I'm sure this hasite been research as nauseum, I'd just like to see the research.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  5. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

I suppose a big issue is with people who brought with golf course for the view and want to keep it. Could a golf course stay intact as land for the view purpose but not require the upkeep that happens now?

6. BPearson

All good questions V and hard to imagine how this makes any sense; especially given we are awash in cash. Someone knows the rounds played on a yearly basis but we never see that data. Wonder why?

As far as the courses, they have to remain golf courses; it is how Webb deeded them to us. What we don't have to do is pour 40 million dollars into them. It makes no sense. Consider this: There are 3 private country clubs, all built during the same era's and they aren't shoveling money at them like we are> Wonder why?

7. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

I keep hearing that.