VIDEO & RECAP Exchange Meeting - Monday, March 11, 2024

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by eyesopen, Mar 11, 2024.

1. eyesopen

eyesopen Well-Known Member

At today’s Exchange meeting, topics members discussed:
    • Mountain View Tennis & Lawn Bowling
    • Best Friends Dog Club
    • Duffeeland Dog Park and its Club (many)
    • Pickleball courts- on Dog Park property if it’s closed, convert Sundial entrance breezeway to pickleball courts
    • Mountain View- Fitness Center suggestions
    • Urgent need for IAED on site emergency dispatch plan, certification, procedures, etc.
    • PIF- unreasonable second $4400 charge on home owned 19 years
    • Requests a new Racket Sports Committee
    • Silver Craft Club definition, both smithing & clay?

VIEW VIDEO:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdLy0Uy9sKWCJNLz37tn5ug

** FYI: Duffeeland Dog Park is open.
    RCSC president, Kat Fimmel said, “Duffeeland Dog Park will stay open as long as the Club effectively and safely manages the park.”
    Duffeeland Dog Park Club
    provided copies of their rules to do so.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
  2. Tom Trepanier

Tom Trepanier Well-Known Member

WOOF! Wonder why John Fast and Jim Rough were absent yesterday?

3. OneDayAtATime

OneDayAtATime Well-Known Member

While this BOD changed the Bylaws to enable Board members to participate in person, by telephone conference call, video conferencing or other communication methods by which all participants can hear and talk to each other, there may be an instance where a BOD cannot do so.

According to the Articles of Incorporation, "By a vote of two-thirds (2/3) of the members of the Board of Directors after a member of the Board is absent from three (3) or more consecutive regular meetings of the Board or who, in the opinion of such two-thirds (2/3) of the Board members, is unwilling or incapable of performing his or her share of the duties and responsibilities of a Director can be removed." We all have personal items that may need our undivided attention.

Jean Totten, RCSC BOD member and Chair, Outreach and Communications Committee

eyesopen likes this.
  4. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

I believe the operative word here is "regular" which I would interpret as the regular monthly meetings of the board.
    But with that said, unless a more definitive interpretation is defined within the bylaws it's up to the board to decide the meaning.

eyesopen likes this.
  5. Happy Hippie

Happy Hippie Active Member

I don't understand the "or more" portion of the statement. I have never seen that before within the 3 boards where I was present at meetings taking minutes. Does that mean it can be pushed out to 4 or 6 or even 8 missed meetings? Just curious.

6. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

And this is why you can't just put a blanket statement in the bylaws to allow for electronic meetings.

There needs to be rules that establish the guidelines of such meetings.

Linduska likes this.
  7. Happy Hippie

Isn't that what bylaws are for? Articles are usually limited in information and bylaws give a more comprehensive description of articles. I glanced thru the bylaws and did not see anything related to this topic. Only had one cup of coffee at the time, will check again.

8. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

Check Article V, Section 5:

"Directors can attend all duly called regular Governing Board Meetings, Informational Meetings and Special Sessions of the Board either in person, by telephone conference call, video conferencing or other communication methods by which all participants can hear and talk to each other."

This is the only reference you will find in the bylaws. No rules on how to call an electronic meeting, how to determine if a quorum is present, how to make motions, how many times is a Director allowed to simply phone in, what happens if the meeting has technical problems, etc., etc., etc.

9. Happy Hippie

Thank you. Guess this doesn't matter. Once elected, BOD will do what they want when they want. Just shaking my head, after being involved with 3 hospital boards and the Banner/Core JV I am as sorry as everyone here I found this site. What ya don't know won't hurt ya!