Tracphone

Discussion in 'Computer Questions' started by pegmih, Nov 22, 2014.

1. pegmih

pegmih Active Member

Several years ago while traveling across the mountains
    from eastern Washington to western Washington my
    car nearly broke down. I just made it across the bridge
    to Whidbey Island and stopped at the first gas station.
    Some belt had broken. The tow truck took me into
    Oak Harbor to the Ford dealer. I called a friend who
    took me home.

That experience told me I needed a cell phone and I got a tracphone.
    I am consider getting another one for just such emergencies.

Anyone use tracphone in Arizona?

2. Emily Litella

Emily Litella Well-Known Member

Yes, we only have tracphone (Straight talk). It works great here and I think you can get the phones for a lot less than when I purchased in late August 2013. Let me find the link here and I will repost it.

3. Emily Litella

Here is my post. This is why we kept our NC phone numbers. I am going to add six additional months to both of our phones probably in January. It's $45 a month and you get unlimited text, talk and 3GB data per month for the internet. For many who have I-phones and the better phones, they are a "stupid" Android Smartphone. But we went from straight flipphone (also a tracphone, but not Straighttalk) to this phone.

The phones we have are Samsung Model Number SCH-7838C Android Version 4.0.4.

http://talkofsuncity.com/showthread...hone-with-no-contract&highlight=straight+talk

4. Emily Litella

5. pegmih

pegmih Active Member

I hope to get one for a lot less money.
    It will only be used for an emergency.
    I neither want nor need lots of bells & whistles.
    Just let me dial a number!!

6. Emily Litella

Okay, you can get a prepaid tracphone (no bells or whistles) from Wal-Mart for ten bucks.

Here is one that has double minutes which means if you add a prepaid minute card you get double the minutes on the card.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/TracFone-Samsung-S150G-Bundle-Double-Minutes/24623087

You can add a years' worth of minutes for the phone for $100. So the final cost for the phone plus a years' service (800 prepaid minutes) not counting tax would be roughly $110. I would check around online at Wal-Mart and take a look at all the different phones before I made a decision. Also, the folks at the Peoria Wal-Mart (the one on Deer Valley Road above Sun City) are usually very helpful in the electronics department.

Good luck.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  7. pegmih

pegmih Active Member

Thank you. Excellent information.
    I had already looked at Walmart on line.
    There are several that look interesting.

8. Emily Litella

You are welcome. Happy Thanksgiving.