Skylight repair

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Cynthia, Oct 26, 2019.

  1. Cynthia

    Cynthia Well-Known Member

    See question below.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  2. Cynthia

    Cynthia Well-Known Member

    I have one of the recessed type kitchen skylights. I forget the technical name. It has the frosted fiberglass/plastic inserts that fit in a frame. They are cracking and I need new inserts. I called True Value but that person didn’t know about them. Does anyone know where I can get them? Or the material in sheets to cut them to fit?

    l F0A6CB08-7340-4704-BC2A-EF0A61ACFB7B.jpeg
  3. sussea

    sussea Member

    We have flat skylights and bought the sheets at Home Depot when we replaced ours.
  4. Emily Litella

    Emily Litella Well-Known Member

    Did you try the Ace Tru Value (not sure if they're the same) on 111th in Youngtown? The folks at Youngtown are also extremely knowledgeable. They are the folks that sell the wall hanging toilets. There's another one at 99th and Bell.

    Also, maybe call the preferred vendor folks at SCHOA. Yeah, you can log in and look it up but I always like to talk to a person.

    I'll ask a few folks today and if I come up with anything, I'll post it here.

    I know the roofing companies replace skylights all the time but I don't which one would do the inner curved plastic design like that. It's a pretty skylight.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  5. Cynthia

    Cynthia Well-Known Member

    I have a flat one too. It’s a different product but I’ll look there.​
  6. Cynthia

    Cynthia Well-Known Member

    I’ll try those places. Thanks

Share This Page