SC Lifestyles versus SC Discussion forums and threads

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by suncityjack, Jul 15, 2013.

1. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

I'm confused about what is posted where sometimes. Under Sun City Lifestyles we have topics that could just as easily be under our Sun City General Discussions and vice versa.
    Seems the Lifestyles categories could be used to corral some of the newly started threads under General Discussions that would fit under them and be easier to access.
    Would it make sense to check Lifestyles first and see if our topic fits one of those before starting a new thread under Discussions? Waddya think?

2. gilmark

gilmark New Member

Yes, that is a good idea. There are a lot of topics that I post under only to find a more suitable thread later.

3. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Perhaps a little better organization of topics?

4. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

You can always ask admin to move your post to another place.
    I've done it.

5. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

The organization of forums can get tricky. If the forum is strictly for information then the organization is easier, but forum topics often turn into conversation and conversation usually switches topics. One word can send thoughts in a different direction, like any conversation does, and the info changes. Most in person conversations do not keep on the same topic for long. Online conversation tend to do the same. Too bad we can't move our own posts when we see it belongs somewhere better.

6. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you can move your own post.
    Copy/paste
    Don't delete original until you are sure it has been pasted correctly.

7. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

If you click the triangle with the exclamation point inside it below your post count any post can be sent to us to address, review, move, etc.

The additional sections were thought to create more organization and an easier search later for other new people. It has worked well on a sister site http://www.TalkOfTheVillages.com
    As more and more content comes on the site it has been easier for people to find and navigate the information.

We are certainly open to any and all suggestions on how to improve. This is a site for the residents of Sun City so we can customize it or change it so that it is the best it can be!

8. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

Admin - -you are all doing a fine job with The Talk of Sun City Site. Thank You for all your support and helpful hints. Appreciate.

9. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Yes. Admin is great. They are very prompt to reply when I have a question or suggestion.