Questions about Moving to Sun City Center Florida

Discussion in 'Sun City New Members' started by JohnB, May 1, 2018.

1. JohnB

JohnB New Member

My wife and I are considering moving to Sun City Center. I hate the Heat.. but she is adamant about moving there (primarily because our son moved from T.R. NJ to Lithia because he got a new job there). We are doing our homework to confirm the projected costs of living there.. utilities, especially. We currently live in Toms River, NJ 55+ area where we have VERY low HOA, Utility costs and Downsized here for that purpose. It would be horrific if we moved to SCC and were hit with much higher bills. We don't want to UPSIZE.

Also want to know if MOST people in SCC are happy they moved there or would they, if given a second chance move out or back to where they came from. A lot of questions.. hope people can help.
    Stressed out.

2. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

You might try posting this question in the Sun City Center specific area, look on the Home page under Retirement Communities and find them there. But I wonder if they have a different forum they use...it doesn't look as if they have many posts on this site.

If you haven't been to their website http://www.suncitycenter.org/ you might look around there. I know they also post meeting videos on youtube to help you learn more about the community. I don't think the single families homes have an HOA, unless you were planning on moving to Kings Point. If so, I imagine Kings Point has their own type of forum, newsletter or something.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

On the 4th of July, I will be celebrating 11 years in Sun City and couldn't be happier.
    I am a Sun bird. Not a snow bird. Meaning I live here all year.
    The summers might be warm but every place is air conditioned.
    My car even has a remote start and is cooled by the time I get in.
    Plus you don't have to shovel sunshine!

Take a look at a webpage I made about Sun City.

http://pegmihedu.webs.com/suncity.htm

Last edited: May 2, 2018