Politics, Sun City Style.

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by carptrash, Apr 9, 2018.

1. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Well to me this is almost too broad a question to try and answer, but quess what? I will try any how. The fellow that you are referring to spoke as a member of the SC Democratic Party Club. Which he might have another name for. I don't know because I am not a member. Never will be. So for me to suggest that I know what he was talking about might be absurd. But quess what? I will do it any way. You talk about a "a career politician" and to many people that is the definition of "The Swamp" that that the current President swore to clean out. These, Sun City voters, are people who are concerned abut the "Swamp," want It out of Washington, yet continue to elect "Swampers" to Washington. So what ever damage (my word, not his) they could do to Sun City is in that context. She (Lesko) has been tied up with Ducey and the ""dark money" issue, which, to many, is the definition of what the Swamp "is about. People who put money issues (the Arizona Corporation Commission is often mentioned in this context, notably in relation to the water issues, raising our rates as part of some greater scheme) above the needs and wants of the electorate - you and me. If you want more wild guesses, please ask.

5thd and Emily Litella like this.
  2. BruceW

BruceW Active Member

Thanks Carp, makes sense. We of course have those type in CO also... seems they are everywhere and in all parties.
    Here in CO the big issue is fracking and the local politicians are tied up big time in oil dollars.
    We the people try to fight against fracking under our homes through our congressmen and they talk a good story, but in reality they get nice donations from oil companies for their campaigns and the fracking continues.
    I'm all for cleaning out the swamp on both sides, the best way to do that is to have term limits and cutting their lifetime benefits.
    And of course the only way to get term limits, etc. is to have a convention of states and force it down their throats... who in their right mind would vote to kill their job.

Ah politics... what ever happened to the folks that sincerely want serve we the people?
    Maybe the doctor is one of those types, looks like her chances are fairly good, but she is definitely fighting an uphill battle.

Emily Litella and carptrash like this.
  3. 5thd

5thd Member

I think harm "Sun City" may be related to Lesko standing with Ryan and the Koch brothers in their wish to dismantle Social Security and Medicare.

carptrash and Emily Litella like this.
  4. 5thd

5thd Member

Note. Sun City Grand is hosting an even for Dr. Tirineni and Gabbie Giffords on election eve.

5. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Interesting footnote on some of the comments made here and in other threads. The endorsements by Sun City organizations, the RCSC and SCHOA have had any references about the individuals being attached to said organizations on the Lesko site have been removed. Good on them for getting them gone.

On the other hand, the Rec Centers of Sun City West and PORA are still there in all there infamy. Pathetic.

carptrash likes this.
  6. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

In some ways I don't mind these sorts of endorsements because it pretty clearly delineates where these various folks stand.

Emily Litella likes this.