Please Vote in the RCSC election for Kat Fimmel

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by SunCityGal, Oct 5, 2020.

1. SunCityGal

SunCityGal New Member

Every once in a while a true talent is offered to the RCSC Board of Directors. This year it is Kat Fimmel. Her skills are beyond reproach. Her knowledge of things electronic and wireless is astonishing. She brings with her hands on skill which can be applied directly to the RCSC needs. In other words, she has the knowledge, skills, and abilities this BOD needs to help them get to the 20th century and move forward. She can help with the needs of a 21st century community.

So don't forget, vote for Kat Fimmel for the board, she is the ray of hope desperately needed.

2. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

Please, vote for Kat Fimmel in the RSCS elections. She has the knowledge, skill and the abilities needed to help move the BOD onto bigger and better things. She is soft spoken, but extremely knowledgeable and aware of what this community needs.

So, remember to vote in the RCSC elections, and make Kat Fimmel your number one choice.

Go Kat!

Emily Litella likes this.
  3. I’m behind that. We need a real electronics expert to wade through the bafflegab to take us into the future. Kat is the person we need.

Who are the candidates this year for the Board? I know I talked with Sue Wilson and she running for re-election, anybody know who the others may be? Thanks.

4. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I'll vote for Kat.....again and hope she makes it. We definitely need someone that understands what can be done to bring us into the eFuture. We are so far behind.

And, I don't think I fell asleep while watching the video of the last BOD meeting. Exactly why is there an appointment to the Board on the agenda for Monday's meeting? Did someone leave or get removed? Do they want to increase the amount of Directors? Why didn't they include the name of the intended appointment? :confused:

5. Not sure about that Aggie but I think the original appointment has not worked out. Ron Jesse was absent from the last meeting and not sure if he was present for the first September meeting. I can say that I am not the person being appointed as I believe I pissed off most everybody by not being a “team player” whatever that may be.

6. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Since the election is next month the present BODs probably don't want to be in a position to take the next highest vote-getter that isn't elected to fill the vacant seat. I do look forward to the Candidate Forums although it's not clear how they will adjust them to the current COVID situation.

7. CMartinez

This years BOD candidates are as follows:

• Steve Collins
    • Kat Fimmel
    • Martin Heinrichs
    • Dale Lehrer
    • Karen McAdam
    • Sheila Rooney
    • Sue Wilson
    Hope this helps.

8. Thanks CM. Isn’t Steve Collins that guy........

9. CMartinez

please refresh my memory, Which guy?

10. The ex fireman from NY who going to run in 2016 and was a little on the large size.

11. CMartinez

Sorry, don't remember him. The one I do remember was the guy talking smack about the candidates. If I ever see him again, I will remember to speak to him at his level.

12. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

This is a really important election for the RCSC board. Allegedly the GM is retiring the end of 2021 which means next summer they should find her replacement. Let me state this unequivocally, it is the board's job to find a replacement, not the current GM. My concern is we are already seeing some shape shifting. There are now 5 open positions given the recent shakeup by the board (which has been kept quiet for some reason). Hopefully we will see more about it, but i for one am disappointed to see/hear about the change.

I think both Kat and Steve Collins would be welcome additions. Neither of them fit the mold of simply fitting in and going along to get along. I have some very strong feelings about the board, the GM and what has happened the past 15 years but have made a conscious decision to just stay away rather than stir things up. Nothing will change until the current Gm leaves. Hopefully then we will return to a community where those of us who pay our lot assessments are more than "card holders." Reducing the "owners" of the community to nothing more than dues payers has been a travesty.

13. CMartinez

Welcome back Bill, good to hear your commentary and see your face.

While I know anything RCSC makes you grit your teeth, would/could you elaborate the changes which have occurred? I had my knee done, and didn't go as smoothly as planned. Got to spend some quality time in a rehab center for several weeks, and frankly, did not care to keep up with the RCSC news or agenda, as walking again became a priority.

You are so in tuned with the need for the board to find a new qualified GM, not just pass the baton to a favorite son.

Hope your recovery continues in a favorable manner, and you can get out there and toss a few bowls.

14. CMartinez

Nice to see an endorsement for another candidate, Steve Collins. I do not remember him, but will also be supporting Steve as well as Kat.

So often, nobody knows the candidates, but this time we have two endorsements for some new blood for the board. How amazing is that, some much needed support for the newer candidates.

Let us hope they prevail and afford a new direction for the BOD for the near and long term future.

15. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Kudos to the RCSC Elections Committee for uploading the candidate videos. It was good to see each candidate tell their story which is much better than a copied flyer.

16. CMartinez

Thanks for the heads up on the video's, much appreciated,

17. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Still waiting to see the 11/2 candidate's forum on the RCSC website. Was it held? Did anyone go? What's the hold up?

18. BPearson

I went, sat in the back and just listened. Pretty good with well intended candidates. There's one i would quickly eliminate and once you watch the video i suspect you will agree. I probably will go again on Thursday, maybe even ask some a question. We'll see. The biggest point of the election will be in finding a new GM. It's time for a change and hopefully one who understands the need to return to building a sense of community where ownership of the process is critical to our success. Frankly, i'm tired of being looked at as a "card-holder."

aggie likes this.
  19. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I got through about a third of the forum and pretty much know my picks. Hope to get through the rest of it and the 2nd forum if the election results finally get less distracting. Bill, hope you were able to ask some questions to test the candidates positions and knowledge.

20. BPearson

Thanks aggie, i elected not to go last night. I have made it a point to stay away from the RCSC governance issue for now. I did want to hear them and have made my selections of who to vote for. I've got too much going on at the museum right now. We are wrapping up the new exhibits and preparing a marketing strategy across several platforms. Opening for members the middle of November with reservations and the general population December 6. Anyone who is currently a member or who joins will be invited to sign up on our website. Stay tuned as we start promoting.