New Members Introduce yourself Start A New Thread

Discussion in 'Sun City New Members' started by admin, Sep 21, 2012.

1. David Martin

David Martin New Member

New resident, hopefully soon. I'm a City of Phoenix retiree with Hoosier roots and California Beach seasoning. A widower after 40 years.

I'm focused on the older Condos. I'm severely downsizing from the 40 years of "stuff" accumulation that I'm sure most have suffered through.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  2. Kim-Sandy Kline

Kim-Sandy Kline New Member

Hi David,
    Welcome... Very sorry to hear about your wife’s death. That is a great many years of sharing your life with another.
    We are in the process of downsizing from our Alaskan home to our new Sun City home. We are remodeling the house in Sun City and trying to prepare our properties to sell in Alaska, the task is a hefty one. I have lived in Alaska for thirty-five years so tying to weed through things is overwhelming. We have been visiting frequently and love Sun City. We have the nicest neighbors, started using the rec centers and libraries and are so very excited about the various clubs. My hope is to find a volunteer group and make a solid contribution there too. It is all very exciting for us.
    I wish you the best in your move.
    This group is a nice help with lots of knowledge on Sun City. It sure has helped give me info.

David Martin likes this.
  3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Welcome to Sun City.
    It is truly a wonderful, friendly place.
    BTW. All the condos are "older"! Some are just older than others.
    I live in Phase II that is in the middle of SC and very convenient to everything.
    Just don't get too small a place.
    Who knows, you might have house guests sometime.

David Martin likes this.
  4. David Martin

David Martin New Member

Sept 2020 update

I made it! After a lot of work I'm temporarily learning about my future in the SunCity area. I'm renting a twin home here in SCW.

I'm not sure where I will eventually find my next home but I'm loving it so far.

The frustrating part for me is that I underestimated the effect that Grand Avenue and the RR's have on the vicinity, then they have tossed the residential streets into the mix. Thank heaven for the GPS system.

carptrash likes this.
  5. Emily Litella

Emily Litella Well-Known Member

Hi David and congratulations on your move.
    SCW and renting are good choices to start. Either SC or SCW are fine. Differences of course but well established and affordable.
    I think most of us here now are SC residents so I would love to hear your take on SCW.
    We have an occasional poster here who is a realtor and very knowledgeable on SC properties.
    I wish you the best on your home sale. It's amazing to me how much the prices have gone up everywhere in our area.
    Take care and be well.

David Martin likes this.
  6. David Martin

David Martin New Member

Another step forward in my life. Since landing here in SCW in September I'm starting to get the hang of things here. Definitely not as GPS dependent, happily.

After a renovation of my house of 30 years, with the usual surprises I was fortunate to have multiple bidders and it went to escrow within 2 days.

Soon, I will be happy to say that it's done and over while I am enjoying my own place

7. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

And welcome to this little part of the greater Sun City Metropolitan Area, find, or start, something of interest and jump right in.

8. Emily Litella

Emily Litella Well-Known Member

I hope it worked out well for you. Anything here in Sun City doesn't seem to be on market too long and prices seem to be still on the rise.