More Renters in Sun City, Welcome them!

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by eyesopen, Oct 6, 2021.

1. eyesopen

eyesopen Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Dang eyes, i was going to answer you regarding renters. Long storied history starting with the Play and Stay. Only a week visit, but it helped sell Sun City. Residents treated those visiting like royalty. They knew they were potentially going to their new neighbors. I've encouraged seniors to rent before they buy, see if the community is/was right for them. The only down side have been owners who rent to those underage and those who do the short term 2 or 3 days where people turn them into a party house. Overall, renters are a plus for the community, in my humble opinion.

eyesopen likes this.
  3. Michael Wendel

Michael Wendel Active Member

When the Builder is still in control (Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch and Festival) they use villas to get people to stay for 2-3 days. These are specific designated furnished homes near the sales office and recreation center. They are often free or very low cost. The people get full access to all facilities, including Golf at the resident rates. I asked to stay in one for a week. On the last day I did buy a home. This was in 2010 (Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch). This seems to be the current implementation of Stay and Play for Del Webb Corp.

We are way past that stage here in the original Sun City.
    We are also surrounded by Phoenix Metro. The newer communities are more remote (the boonies).