It ain't just Covid-19, stupid

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by IndependentCynic, May 12, 2020.

1. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Well I know how to use Google search.....

Dream City Church is an Assemblies of God megachurch in Phoenix, Arizona. The weekly attendance is around 22,500.

Edited to add: Sorry for lead off comment. My agitation level is high today. :oops:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  2. Students For Trump rally, a group of people whose brains are still developing held by a person whose brain is non-existent. I guess he wants to kill them while they are young.

3. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

4. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Rumor has it that if you attend you can use it as credit towards your Trump University degree.

BPearson likes this.
  5. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

AZ dodged a canon-sized bullet. The RNC has decided to hold the convention in Jacksonville Florida. Whew.....

carptrash likes this.
  6. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Yes, one of the 2 or 3 states that has more new cases than AZ. The brilliance of the minds behind these decisions . . . .........

7. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Come on guys, you all must have forgotten when the stable genius who said this:

"And poof, like magic it's all going to disappear in the hot summer weather."

Hey genius, it's going to be 110 here today and the cases are growing.

We have a freaking buffoon for a president.

8. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

After having given it quite a lot of thought i find that "conman" rather than "buffoon" (or a lot of other choices) is the word I have settled on. And how is that possible,? well in a country that considers Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Bakker to be spiritual leaders, anything, if done on TV, is possible.

9. IndependentCynic

IndependentCynic Active Member

What!? Our presidential idiot is a conman too?? Next you're going to tell me there's really a resurgence of Coronovirus unfolding. Perhaps the koolaid he's giving his followers is too heavy on cultberry -- a psychotic fruit known to cause reality blindness.

10. IndependentCynic

Just heard Jacksonville, Fl still has rising CV-19 and insufficient hotel space to accommodate large events yet the RNC is reported to have decided to move their convention there this Fall so the idiot Trump can have a big crowd to accept his nomination -- and get this, they are considering using docked cruise ships as additional hotel space. You can't make this stuff up...

11. BPearson

OMG!

12. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Hmmmmm. I seem to remember something about cruise ships right at the start of this thing. What if they gave a convention and . . ....no one came?

13. IndependentCynic

Trump essentially abdicated Federal involvement over Covid and dumped it on the 50 Governors. And now Ducey is, essentially, doing likewise. He plans public health messages urging (but not mandating) people to distance, wear masks, etc., and he has "urged people to make 'positive decisions' that would help reduce the spread of the virus." So it's confirmed now -- it's up to we the people to deal with Covid. That means there's 7-million+ Arizonians individually in charge of charting our path through this. What could possibly go wrong?

14. BPearson

Spot on IC. The good news is he says there are hospital beds for all who need them. My god, how far have we slipped from the state of sanity? Then the pompous prick had the gall to tell us what was being reported on the national news wasn't correct. Are you freaking kidding me?

Hey dumbshit, the numbers are the numbers and they don't lie. Just you and the trumpster are becoming prolific at that.

15. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

This reminds me of that old joke, a guy wants to hire an accountant so he puts out an add and gets three applicants. He asks the first, "What is 2 and 2?" And the guy says "4". He asks the second "What is 2+ 2" and she says "4." He asks the third one, "What is 2 + 2?" and the guy says, "What do you want it to be?" Guess who got the job.

16. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

There were 859 new cases reported today just in Maricopa County, Arizona state figure of new cases 1,233 and Sun City's share of cases is now 117. Youngtown's trying to catch up with 109.

Here's what's in BOLD print on the County's COVID 19 summary each day-

"These numbers present a more severe picture than what is actually
    happening in the community."

Really??

17. BPearson

Come on aggie; you're not giving the governor the credit he deserves. It was this announcement that helped me understand his sheer brilliance:

"We've got hospital beds for everyone that needs them."

See how simple this is...problem solved.

Perhaps one of you staunch republican's can elaborate on how well this is playing out and us dumb lefties just can't get our head around the genius of the strategy they are employing.

18. IndependentCynic

Ducey is a gambler and this is all about money and reelection to him, not compassion for his constituents. He doesn't care about lives lost -- dead people cost him virtually nothing. Sick people don't hit his budgets terribly hard either -- a little Medicaid and unemployment. But closing businesses hits all his buttons hard, medicaid, unemployment, votes lost from business owners & employees pissed at him for losing their jobs/businesses, and votes lost from people who felt inconvenienced. Of course, his gamble assumes the infection rate doesn't go vertical again -- we're all toast if that happens, including him.

19. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

20. BPearson

I don't want to be unkind, really. However, we truly have a moron for president. Today he said this:

"If we stop testing right now, we'd have very few cases, actually,"

Can anyone who supports this genius explain how that statement makes any sense whatsoever? Do you honestly believe if the testing stops, we will not have 200,000 dead by October? It's like waking up every day and living inside the cover and on the pages of Mad magazine.

carptrash likes this.