It ain't just Covid-19, stupid

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by IndependentCynic, May 12, 2020.

1. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

So let's have a coup during the plague?
    Of course I suspect that Brazil is not the only country looking at these sorts of options.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  2. President Hydroxy Clown currently has AG Barf taking notes on how this works.

carptrash likes this.
  3. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

In my chart Arizona just (yesterday) moved into third place among states in the number of new cases, over 1500. At what point do we consider that opening things up might not be a great idea?

4. IndependentCynic

IndependentCynic Active Member

Well, another record day in AZ (Covid, not temperature). Ducey says it's to be expected, they're balancing health with state open versus health negatives for sheltering. Personally I don't see any health negatives to sheltering, but maybe that's just me.

In related news...
    • Brazil has apparently decided to resolve their CV-19 problem by stopping the reporting of cases. If it were only that easy.
    • Sweden, which had been touting it's minimal sheltering, has seen cases continue to grow -- their per capita rate is now higher than Italy, France, etc. Epidemiologist Anders Tegnell, who has led Sweden's resonse to CV-19, for the first time conceded that the country might have benefited from some tougher restrictions.

carptrash likes this.
  5. IndependentCynic

A research study about to be published reports that policies such as sheltering, masks, etc likely prevented the spread of the CV-19 in the US to 138-million additional people. Makes me want to continue practicing some of those precautions as the world re-opens and we see the rise in cases starting again.

6. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

So, as AZ moves into second place in new cases, well if this is to be expected, . ....... well what exactly IS to be expected? How many more cases and more deaths are we to expect? ANd what is the worth of a human life on the dollars and cents balance sheets?

7. IndependentCynic

I notice a number of states besides AZ are reportinging increased cases since reopening (eg, Florida, Georgia, etc). Like AZ many are claiming it's because more testing is confirming more cases, ie, because of testing the case rate is unchanged, numbers are just moving from unconfirmed to confirmed. Wonder how they're explaining the increasing death rate -- they were always dead but we didn't know it? Politicians are a strange lot.

carptrash likes this.
  8. fixj

fixj Active Member

NBC is saying that ICUs in Maricopa County are now at full capacity.

9. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Call me cynical, but are these not the same states that were denying that it was real to begin with?

10. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Hey cynical...just more proof this covid19 crap was just another plot hatched by the DNC and funded by George Soros. Nothing more than a diabolical effort to take down the great donald trump. You all should be ashamed of buying into the lies these lefties spew.

11. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

I saw recently on FOX that the recent riots were the same plot. These people are everywhere.

12. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Whoa....did you see the stats for Maricopa County & AZ today?? So awful. Sun City's two zip codes now have 107 cases with Youngtown keeping pace with 102.

13. BPearson

Come on buttercup, suck it up. The latest mantra from the right is some of us old bastards are just going to have to die so the economy can live... and so trump can get re-elected.

14. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Not playing their game mr. crabapple! :D

15. BPearson

Damn girl...that is one of the nicer names i have been called of late.

16. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

The problem is that if we wipe out Sun City trump probably loses more votes than not. Or is that a problem?

17. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

This posted on KJZZ.org news this morning:

"Republican officials came to Arizona this week to scout out places the Republican National Convention could be held, but Arizona is not the favorite, according to RNC officials.

Arizona Congresswoman Debbie Lesko took Republican officials on a tour of the Phoenix area as a possible destination to host the RNC. Lesko said they liked State Farm Stadium in Glendale as it has held other high-profile events, including the Super Bowl."

I have written to Lesko and I hope I'm not alone in telling her to open her eyes to the devastation it would bring to our area. Let Florida win this death competition.

18. BPearson

I read the other night the RNC voted to hold the “business portion” of the convention in Charlotte NC. Trump claims he won’t hold his acceptance speech in a room with only 300 convention goers. His current choice is Jacksonville FL It will be little more than another rally with him getting all the love he can from those in attendance.

Florida is the perfect place for the gathering...their numbers are as bad or worse than AZ. I saw he wants to hold a rally here in AZ as soon as possible. The mayor will never allow him downtown, the real question is will Ducey risk our numbers getting worse by letting him come to the Glendale arena?

19. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Well we may not be the favorite for the RNC Convention but he's still willing to harm potential voters by this rally reported yesterday. This is from the Arizona Republic online:

President Donald Trump will headline a June 23 Students for Trump event in Phoenix, the group announced Wednesday. The visit would mark Trump's third trip to Arizona in five months.

The event, billed as the Students for Trump convention, is scheduled at Dream City Church and Trump is set to deliver "an address to young Americans".

20. BPearson

What the hell is dream city church?

carptrash likes this.