Exchange Meeting - Monday, June 10, 2024

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by eyesopen, Jun 5, 2024.

1. Tom Trepanier

Tom Trepanier Well-Known Member

All I can say about guest/visitor pass is that one can not get through the front door of a YMCA for $2.50. Cost for a day pass years ago was $15.

Janet Curry likes this.
  2. Josie P

Josie P Well-Known Member

As I expected you skirted the issue and made it about something else. I was not talking about guest passes.

3. Josie P

We are not pay to play. Why should I pay the same (me/no spouse) as the married couple (husband/wife) to use the same facilities? They are getting a 2 for 1 with the rec centers, not the lot/house.

Janet Curry likes this.
  4. Tom Trepanier

I was responding to Eileen and her call for raising cost for guest/visitor pass.

Janet Curry likes this.
  5. Josie P

Sorry, my bad! No, don't agree with that. Us old folks need our families and young ones to visit. What a horrid life that would be if RCSC made it too expensive for the grands and greats to visit.

Janet Curry likes this.
  6. Tom Trepanier

Assessment is $575 per lot is why.

7. Josie P

It should be per person. It never should have changed in 2003. Because is not an answer. It was a crap decision that cost RCSC a lot of money.

Janet Curry likes this.
  8. old and tired

old and tired Active Member

Since it is a lot assessment give one card per owner occupied home. If they want another, they can get a privilege card. That will kill their argument about budgeting and knowing how much they have coming in. This way they have much more coming in.

Janet Curry likes this.
  9. Josie P

that was exactly what I said to Tom, with one other option.

"Why is that not fair? The Great Del Webb Set is up per person in 1960 and the BOD changed it to per lot in 2003. Why should I pay the same to get one card as my neighbors pay and they get two cards. If done per lot then do it fairly and give me two cards to use for my family, or give the married couple one card and let them purchase passes. Please explain the fairness, and why all 37 other Del Webb communities still charge per person. You are a smart man. You know the current assessment charge is not right. You know if they were to change it and make it right there would be an uprising among all married couples here that would rival some of Chicago's riots. Just admit they screwed up in 2003 and we have to live with it now."

10. old and tired

old and tired Active Member

I'm completely against giving a single 2 cards. That could cause more trouble. Also, more wear and tear with no extra money coming in.

11. Tom Trepanier

RCSC has plenty of money. Take a 15 year outlook as opposed to 1-5 year outlook.

Janet Curry likes this.
  12. Josie P

Seriously, ok. It's not about that. I'll probably be dead anyway. It's about the members and the BOD doing what's right. They don't do that unless it benefits them. But you keep changing the subject. As Chris pointed out to me sooooo many times "off Topic"

13. Josie P

then give couples 1 card and let them buy a privilege card. I don't care how it's done, just make it right.

Janet Curry likes this.
  14. Janet Curry

Janet Curry Well-Known Member

$15 a day in Columbus NE at our YMCA and new $50M Field House. Just paid it for my son and his family.

15. Josie P

I realize I am exhausted from packing all day, but am I speaking Russian? It's not the daily fee, it's the disservice Sun City did to singles and the community by changing the assessment from per person to per lot because they can't do math and keep track of owners even with computers. It used to be frustrating, now it's a combo of sad and funny. The Great Del E. Webb, who could do no wrong was over ruled by a bunch of volunteer board members because it was too hard for them. Now nothing can be done about it. Do you know the residents of SCW actually band together when board members run amok and give them a warning prior to ousting them? We just sit here. Le sigh!

16. Janet Curry

Janet Curry Well-Known Member

I was responding to one of Tom's comments, not yours, HH. I don't speak or read Russian anyway!

17. Josie P

you responded to both. Pls check again.

Happy Hippie said:
    Why is that not fair? The Great Del Webb Set is up per person in 1960 and the BOD changed it to per lot in 2003. Why should I pay the same to get one card as my neighbors pay and they get two cards. If done per lot then do it fairly and give me two cards to use for my family, or give the married couple one card and let them purchase passes. Please explain the fairness, and why all 37 other Del Webb communities still charge per person. You are a smart man. You know the current assessment charge is not right. You know if they were to change it and make it right there would be an uprising among all married couples here that would rival some of Chicago's riots. Just admit they screwed up in 2003 and we have to live with it now.

I heard 1 reason for the change was that it was just too hard to keep track of "people". That is just like saying we ar
    Tom Trepanier said:↑
    All I can say about guest/visitor pass is that one can not get through the front door of a YMCA for $2.50. Cost for a day pass years ago was $15.
    $15 a day in Columbus NE at our YMCA and new $50M Field House. Just paid it for my son and his family.

18. Tom Trepanier

As I stated before HH, my comment was directed to Eileen and her call for a higher guest fee. You know that.

Janet Curry likes this.
  19. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Janet Curry and Tom Trepanier like this.