Covid 19

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by SCR, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Say What

Say What Active Member

? Is Tom a SC resident.

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Yes. He was active in the lawsuit in that he testified at the court hearing in support of ARS. He called me and asked me to testify and i said no. While i felt Sun City would have functioned better under Title 33, the reality was the attorneys were looking for a huge payday that would have come on the backs of Sun City residents and may have impacted our ability to collect the PIF going forward. Suffice to say, he didn't like my answer.

carptrash likes this.
  3. Say What

Say What Active Member

That explains everything. Guess I should have known that. Thanks Mr P

4. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

I find his attitudes and posts to be not untypical of what one finds in Sun City.

5. CP, hate to disagree but I believe it is typical of many SC residents. In 2012 some golfers trespassed on my property (backyard as I live on South course) to rip down my Obama-Biden yard sign. So much for freedom of expression and tolerance.There is a house on the corner of 103rd and Alabama flying a Confederate battle flag. Nothing like showing your support for treason. There are several tRump 2020 flags flying in the neighborhood. Nothing like showing support for incompetence and a Corleone wannabe crime family.

Actually I believe the question we should be asking is Tom real? He really sounds like a bot covering basic talking points.

That’s just my opinion, I may be wrong.

6. CT, I made a mistake responding to yours, I thought it said it was typical. Still recovering from last year’s medical incident and my ophthalmologist is closed for the time being. I will have to wait on my cataract surgery. Bummer.

7. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Of all the folks here I would expect you to catch a double negative, but your reply was fine in any case. Chatting with Maj. Tom was somewhat like talking to a bot, but I have had many similar conversations with other rightests and they pretty much all follow the same pattern. Perhaps I will post my analysis of that stuff later, but it really is not a COVID thing and another thread just to talk about Left vs Right might . . .................. be a good idea. Bill P up somewhere points out that he knows Tom, as a person so that's good enough for me. "Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he is hollering about." Mark Twain

8. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

We might all be looking at different sets of stats, but on the list of states that I use AZ has just moved into the Top 10 on the "New deaths" with 18. Some people watch the Stock Morket tickers, I am not able to stop watching the COVID stats.

9. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Sometimes i don't answer the phone at all, but these days, why not? This was "Amazon dot com telling me that they had received my $77 purchase from today and if that was okay just hang up but if it was not okay (which it was not) then call . . . ...................... So another phone scam, just be on your toes.

10. BPearson

Stats are fascinating and not always in a good way. I follow two sites with world totals and US totals. Thanks to Jared Kushner we know trump has done an amazing job holding the pandemic in check. And of course the donald tells us daily how many lives he has personally saved. Not to be argumentative, but the statistics tell us a wholly different story.

There are roughly 7.8 billion people worldwide. The USA has a population of just over 331 million. It works out to about 4.25 % of us live in the United States. The total number of deaths from COVID 19 is 243,569 across the globe while the USA has 66,819 dead as of 12:30 today. If my math is correct, that equates to more than 25% of the deaths has come from the "greatest country on the planet." Throw in the fact we have the greatest leader in the world with trump and one has to wonder how the hell this has come to pass?

How could we have less than 5% of the population and 25% of the dead? Just asking eh?

Links happily provided if requested.

11. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

I have not started looking, but what % of the world's fossil fuel consumption does the US use? What % of the planet's garbage do we produce? What % of the world's gun deaths? And it probably goes on and on. This is, to me, what American Exceptionalism is.

12. BPearson

Damn carp, you sent me scurrying to the Jeff Daniel's clip from Newsroom. I haven't watched it in years but when i clicked on it just now it brought tears to my eyes. It was true back when it was on TV, even more poignant today; no, especially today.

You can watch it here.

IndependentCynic likes this.
  13. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

14. BPearson

It was an HBO program from 2013. The link is provided for the one scene..."you can watch it here" (the sentence above is a live link).

carptrash likes this.
  15. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Thanks, and . . ........ i could not have said it better myself. And that was before the current quagmire set in. Actually, no, it was already set in but it sure has sunk to a new low. Frank Thomas (I think) said, something like what you get when you are governed by people who believe that government is bad, is bad government.

16. Since the Mango Moron was elected by less than 50,000 votes (but not a majority, snicker, snicker), I personally like the H. L. Mencken quote “Americans deserve the government they get and the deserve it good and hard.”

Vote straight blue in November let us run the Rethuglicans out of town.

carptrash likes this.
  17. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Not ready to commit my self to that yet, I guess that there is a little too much HL Mencken in me.

18. SCR

SCR Active Member

"Geoffrey de Villehardouin said:
    Vote straight blue in November let us run the Rethuglicans out of town."

Forget Red or Blue. Vote every single incumbent out of office (Red or Blue) as none of them have done anything for this country. They don't have the intelligence to craft a law
    that does not have to be modified or amended. They don't listen to their constituents. They promulgate partisanship. They vote pure party lines. Most of them have been allowed
    to remain in the House or Senate far too long. Red or Blue, our Congress no longer represents all Americans.

Our Democracy is at risk of being dismantled if incumbents and the President are allowed to remain.

carptrash likes this.
  19. SCR

SCR Active Member

So what has this country (and in particular the Federal, State, City leaders, and hospitals) learned over the past 5 months.

They obviously did NOT learn the following;

Providing a stockpile masks, face shields, gowns (all PPE). Again the country is scrambling for PPE.

Providing sufficient testing sites. Every state is way below the needed testing for Covid19.

Providing sufficient labs to process the current number of tests. Waiting 10 days for a result could cost you your life.

Providing a stockpile of ventilators. Again the country is scrambling for them.

Providing enough hospital beds. Hospitals are being over-run with patients and no place to put them.

Providing more ICU capacity. Not happening. Arizona alone is at 90%.

Providing for more hospital personnel to deal with this n-going crises.

Providing people with instructions on how to wear a mask. Look around, people are not covering their noses.

Our leaders on both sides of the aisle and our hospital administrators have done nothing to prepare for this surge and any pandemic that may occur in the future.

Be prepared to wear face masks for the near and distant future.

Americans have very short memories and never learn from past pandemic history. Spanish flu 1918.

20. It has been reported that the U. S. reached three million Covid cases today. It took a little more than three months to to reach one million cases on April 28. It took about half the time, 44 days to reach two million on June 11 and only 26 days to reach three million on July 8. Extrapolating from there and no new measures are taken, we could reach four million as early as July 22. Taken from Yahoo News 7/8/20.

Glad to see that the Republicans have this under control and it will magically disappear. Wear a mask, practice social distancing, practice good hygiene otherwise these clowns win.