Board Games Anyone?

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by suncityjack, Oct 22, 2019.

1. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

A few weeks ago went to Bell Library (I still call it that since it's less confusing than Sun City Branch since we have more than one branch) for a session of drop-in and play board games. A man there started discussing the feasibility of having a board game club since there isn't one yet and some folks don't want to commit to just one type of game but like variety. Joining a chess or bridge or backgammon club etc. is great too, but there are already specialty games clubs. The ABG club (All Board Games club) would be for those who enjoy playing some old favorites like Scrabble, Clue, Monopoly, etc. or learning a new one. While I was there I watched some folks playing Scrabble, some chess, and I learned 2 new card games--one of them involved Sushi of all things! One of the players there said his doc "prescribed" he start playing games. I think the club is a great idea since you don't have to commit to being a foursome or a regular or just play a specific game at a specific time, or aim towards competitive tournaments. It's more fluid and laid back and you could come and go as you want. So, what do you think?

carptrash likes this.
  2. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

Ya know I've never played that one, but I bet it will show up at one of the gatherings and I may finally get my chance. And eventually, even you too may retire Emily....

3. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of board & card games. Some of my favs are Uno, Tri-ominos, Pictionary, most of the Trivial Pursuit editions, Deer in the Headlights and more. It's difficult to play Scrabble with those that know all the obscure but legal words. I've never been a fan of Monopoly.

It does help to keep the mind active.

carptrash likes this.