Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Michael Wendel, Oct 16, 2021.

1. SCR

SCR Active Member

Well if they had your IP address, they would have to contact your ISP to get your information and I doubt that would be allowed to happen.

Although I'm very security conscious on the internet, I really don't care if someone has my IP address. If you use A VPN it becomes mute.

2. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

What an amazing posting. "I want, I want, I want" We all know what age group that belongs to. Then we have "I want to know who is making the comments." Why? Why do you want to know? We are here (mostly) to discuss ideas not personalities. Then we come to, "This is just my humble opinion." Suffice to say, I see little humility here. Next comes, "If I don't know who you really are, I don't really care. " If you don't really care, why the posting? And then, just make sure that we are suitably impressed we get talk about your "rights" and the 1st Amendment. And finally the clincher, "Nothing says I have to listen." So you start a thread and then post "I don't have to listen." Amazing.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    eyesopen and IndependentCynic like this.
  3. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

This showed up in my email box, but not here. I wonder if it was deleted? It is from Michael - who started this thread.

"I'm not telling anyone how to run anything. I merely put forth my opinion. I don't want to control anyone. I AM NOT A BULLY! At least you know it's me when I put forth an opinion!"

Michael, I am not someone you know. I am not a BoD member, past, present or future, and I certainly am not someone important. Except to my dog. So thanks for your opinion and someday I'll explain how & why my name came about. It was from experiences on an internet board not so different from this, 20 years ago. So stick around, interact with folks here and see how that works out.