Anybody got to the board meeting today?

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, May 27, 2021.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

I know it will be posted for viewing sometime tomorrow, but did anyone attend? Curious about the proposal by one of the board members to limit both members (oh wait, we're card holders these days) and board members to 3 minutes. I guess some didn't care for Karen's comments.

Some other really odd/ugly behavior by board members between one another (rumor has it), did any of that come out?

2. Say What

Say What Active Member

Wonder why no video that's strange

3. BPearson

They only lost the last 20 minutes of the meeting sw. Lots of infighting, curious. Nothing came of Mountainview as it was held off till next month. It was odd because I heard the pball players were happy and the tennis players not so but there was nothing to trigger emotions from either side. I thought Rich Peterson gave a good summary on the rock climbing wall, clearly he had done his homework.

Still the parking issue lingers as we wait for the architects to bring in their next round of ideas. In fact lots of interesting suggestions from the crowd. Need to watch the meeting that followed on water, that may well be the ball buster for all of us.

4. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Oh, the planning session will definitely be worth watching. You can say good bye to any PIF plans for the next 5 years if they don't have to do with watering the golf courses. Repairing the lake is top on the charts, $1.75 mil for the new buildings at the Lakes golf courses and then fairway reductions with South being the first on the list. Mountain View & improvements at the ball park are off into the future once again.

5. BPearson

Deleted my post and started a new thread.

6. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't believe that passed the first reading! I guess it just gives the board members another method that prevents the audience from hearing what some other members really think. Granted, some board members can get long winded but aren't they the types of comments the audience wants to hear?

As far as director McAdams goes, I can understand here frustration with management micro-managing and adding rules! I think if Del Webb were still alive he would be asking, "Can't we just have fun without a million rules?"

And anybody who watches or attends those meetings can see that there are definitely factions among the members. I can definitely mention some by name but will not.

I too have heard horrible stories regarding the way some board members are treating director McAdams and find that appalling! I still believe she's the sharpest knife in the drawer!

And how come the Agenda never has New Business listed? I think that throws off some of the members who don't understand proper parliamentary procedure (which I believe are most) and who would initiate new business when it came up. Because it doesn't come up I think some members don't know they can bring up New Business at the end of the meeting after all the other items specified on the agenda are taken care of!

7. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Okay, did I really miss something!?! Possibly a big announcement or a deadline that this was about to happen? I know that Jan Ek was going to be leaving this year but I thought it was either at the end of the fiscal year in July or the end of the calendar year. I just had to go back and watch the two BOD meetings and she wasn't present. Bill Cook was introduced as "our new General Manager". The RCSC website also has removed Jan Ek's name and now shows Bill Cook as GM. Was this an updated & unplanned early departure of our GM?

Our new GM is sure stepping into some stormy issues in the near future.

8. BPearson

Where to even begin following the meetings of the other day. She's still around until the end of the year and maybe beyond a bit. Years back she negotiated in lieu of a raise an additional month of vacation (July) on top oi what she had. If you knew what her salary was, you would realize it was around a 10% increase. It also carried on year to year and she has now accumulated enough vacation time to stay on the payroll for months and months. Obviously only a handful of people know this as it has never been shared with the owners of the community. They will tell you it's no one's business. Perhaps.

The problem now is we are facing a shitstorm of issues and the new GM and the board are left to sort it out. I've always said the gm's all golf all the time may or may not be right and only time would tell. It's why i lobbied for decisions to be run through not only the long range planning committee (that was conveniently discontinued for years) and in front of the membership at town hall type settings. You know how well that went over. I do find it curious with the old gm out of the picture they elected to give us a glimpse of our future at the work session or whatever they called it the other day.