Turning Lemons into Lemonade

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by John Fast, Apr 10, 2024.

1. Happy Hippie

Happy Hippie Active Member

Guess I'm just used to it. All I do know is while these kids fight among themselves stuff is happening and people are talking in this community. The libraries added a ton of fuel to the small fire no one was really paying attention to. Not 1 person I have talked to believes the libraries will be here much longer. 3 homes right around me for sale, mine will be the 4th. Hoping the investor who wanted it for a group home late last year is still looking. Prayers up please, you all want me out as much as I want out. Yes I found a home.

I saw this on another social media platform:

"I have going to Bien nail salon on Grand and Del Webb and love it there. I also grocery shop there from time to time. At Fry’s. However I no longer feel safe going there with the increased homeless and begging. I feel sorry for the businesses there but with the shootings there yesterday, I am out of there. Across the street camps on forming and I will vote with my feet. Question. Can anyone suggest another nail salon in Sun City area? Grocery stores are all around so that is not a problem. Finding a good nail salon is that is safe and reasonably priced."

I am sure she was talking about the two stabbings. I will not go South of Grand. I have been approached twice by folks in the Safeway parking lot on Bell and 107th recently. Someone was on my front porch a few weeks ago at 4:30am. Dogs woke me up and no it was not Amazon. Saw the shadow thru blinds, motion light was on. I can't get HOA to call me back to report 1 underage and 1 golf cart repair shop. Been about 3 weeks now. They can figure it out themselves, or not. I don't care anymore. You all just keep electing board members who make the good ones afraid to speak ...walking on eggshells. Do not look around at all the stuff happening.

I don't know how to "love" an inanimate object like Sun City, however some here say they do, so if that is true all I can say is open your eyes, otherwise those love stories being written will soon become sad stories.

2. HH, what am I pretending, tell me. The only thing I don’t understand is ranking, are you talking about class rank or something else? Please remember that it is difficult to prove a negative. I have nothing else to prove to you or anyone else. Oh, congratulations you found my FB page, a place I have not been on for several years. Good luck and be care what you post as I am very familiar with libel laws and I know how to use them.

3. Happy Hippie

are you threatening me?

Janet Curry likes this.
  4. Happy Hippie

Back in the day, late 60's early 70's it was the Party School, along with protests and riots. Here are the rankings. https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/southern-illinois-university-carbondale-1758/overall-rankings

We went to the same HS, I remember these things.

5. No, not threatening you, just making sure of content of posts. Like in Godfather One, I only use it when I have a reasonable complaint. I used the same sentence a few years ago when somebody posted items about me that were not true and potentially damaged my rep. It stopped.

6. Happy Hippie

You will do fine all by yourself.

7. Everybody said it was a party school and after 4 years I never found the party. My professors were great (had professors for all my classes) my Ancient history teacher taught one year at Southern and then went to UC Boulder where he is currently professor emeritus, my American Diplomacy professor is currently preside emeritus at Va Commonwealth U and a course I took in design had on occasion R Buckminster Fuller to lecture. Great education for a total of $5,000 for the four years. Power to the people!!!

8. Larry

Larry Well-Known Member

I
    I always have called it CU Boulder.

9. OneDayAtATime

OneDayAtATime Well-Known Member

And completely upends the topic of the Thread.
    Jean Totten as One Day at a Time

Janet Curry and eyesopen like this.
  10. Happy Hippie

It's because we are human, not robots. Tunnel vision is not the norm. On FB and especially ND I see "if you don't like a post just scroll by" many, many times.

Janet Curry likes this.
  11. eyesopen

eyesopen Well-Known Member

To help everyone to be on the same page…clarity

What is the meaning of off-topic discussion?
    adjective. If you describe something that someone says or writes as off topic, you mean that it is not relevant to the current discussion; used especially of discussions on the internet.

Source, Collins Dictionary:
    https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/off-topic

Janet Curry likes this.