Sun City for New Retirees?

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Rusco, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

I'm 60 and plan to move to Sun City in a few years. I used to wonder if there would be any my age. I might be on the younger side, but not the youngest. And soon I'll be up there with the rest. Also I think the people I will meet who are out and about are active, despite their age, so its less important. I see it more important on what the place has to offer. I'm not interested in a resort style retirement place, I want more of a standard community. Sun City is a bit large and more spread out than I would choose but every place has the good and bad points. Mostly I wish shopping was closer so I could walk there (in some seasons). I know there are a few walk-able areas but I wish my house choice wasn't as limited by it. Some people don't care about that but I do. Everyone cares about something.

2. Cynthia

What is the fenced area at the corner of Thunderbird and Del Web, behind the Washington Federal Bank? I meant to drive by it when I was in Sun City but I forgot.

3. Cynthia

I thought it might be but someone told me Sun City has two dog parks so I wasn't sure. Do you know of a second dog park?

4. Cynthia

Looks really good Emily. I will need a place with separate area for small dogs and this has it. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014