PIF

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by John Fast, Apr 24, 2024.

1. John Fast

John Fast Active Member

I am curious about something else and would appreciate some members’ views. No worries if there are different views on this. The subject is options versus agendas and the PIF. So as background, the Board passed a motion for “stakeholders” to work with an architect to develop plans that fulfill the elements developed (approved) by the Board in closed meetings. The elements are a theater, pickleball courts, Mountainview minigolf, Mountainview pool repair and remodel the Mountainview fitness center. The stakeholders have not been named. The Board has stated they may change the elements.

My question is this: As a member do you feel you were presented with options to choose from on how to spend the PIF? Do you feel engaged in the process? Based on what information was released by the board do you understand what they are doing or how much they are spending?

Tom Trepanier and Janet Curry like this.
  2. Tom Trepanier

Tom Trepanier Well-Known Member

Yes, yes. Even presented options at SAC meeting and served on ASU focus groups. Yes, though wonder if they will get member opinion on how to proceed once they receive more info from whomever they hire for next bit of work. I always wonder “who is on first?” , because I know “what is on second?” It is continuing to be difficult to trust the process or lack thereof!

Janet Curry likes this.
  3. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

If you're referring strictly to Mountain View I would say NO! Seems everybody on that committee had their own agenda and that was to save the amenity that they were involved with, and the reason that they were actually selected to be on that committee for!

Only to the point where I can express my opinion but don't really believe my opinion carries any weight on the final decision.

Not yet! I'm hoping the new format on the budget will break things down a lot more and make things a little clearer. Right now it seems like the same dollars are accounted for in several places and you don't really know what they're being spent on!

Emily Litella and Janet Curry like this.
  4. Janet Curry

Janet Curry Well-Known Member

I am always in favor of conducting business in open session with the exception of those items contained in the Executive Session section of the bylaws. That would include this work. How did they select the people who will be meeting with the architect? I don't recall seeing any message sent out to all Members to apply if they were interested.

Emily Litella, Cheryl and eyesopen like this.
  5. Tom Trepanier

Tom Trepanier Well-Known Member

Curious as to whom was selected?

Cheryl, eyesopen and Janet Curry like this.
  6. Janet Curry

Janet Curry Well-Known Member

And how they were selected?

Emily Litella, Cheryl and eyesopen like this.