Insight? RCSC reorganizes business offices Effort to increase efficiency

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by eyesopen, Mar 15, 2024.

1. eyesopen

eyesopen Well-Known Member

RCSC reorganizes business offices
    Effort to increase efficiency
    By Scott Tynes | Independent Newsmedia
    Excerpt

The Recreation Centers of Sun City is in the process of reorganizing its corporate hierarchy to increase productivity and efficiency. “I’ve talked a lot since I started here about the organization, trying to understand it and think about how it might be better,” said Matthew D’Luzansky, general manager. “I’ve talked about documenting processes that we use and how that’s important if you’re going to run a place consistently. So, after several months of many meetings and talking about it with staff and senior leaders, we have a new organization going forward.”
    • Read full article:
    https://www.yourvalley.net/sun-city-independent/stories/rcsc-reorganizes-business-offices,484246
    Posted online Sun City Independent, Friday, March 15, 2024 No subscription required.

• View new RCSC Organization Charts
    March 2024 - Expanded Format Five Pages
    https://suncityaz.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/2024-03-Org-Chart-for-Publishing.pdf

2. Sambo

Sambo Member

I've never seen a more convoluted organizational chart in all my life. A mess in my opinion. Who's on 3rd? If you weed through the pages you might figure it out in a week. Some may try to defend it. I say Lord help our community!

3. old and tired

old and tired Member

Seems pretty clear to me. Who reports to who seems clear. Something that should have been done years ago.

Janet Curry and Enigma like this.
  4. Happy Hippie

Happy Hippie Active Member

LOL! EO sure showed me!! That is just a lovely org chart!

5. eyesopen

Old and Tired,
    A little help filling in the top position blanks on this RCSC generated organization chart:
    Page One
    • Matthew D’Luzansky - General manager
    • Brian Duthu - Golf senior leader
    • Mike Dirmyer - Non-golf senior leader
    • Mike Wiprud - Facilities senior leader
    • Kevin McCurdy - Finance and Support senior leader
    • Debbie Giles, - Assistant to GM
    • Marcia Johnson - Board Coordinator

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
    Janet Curry likes this.
  6. old and tired

old and tired Member

I guess I was assuming anyone interested in the chart would already know who had each position.

Janet Curry, Linduska and Enigma like this.
  7. eyesopen

There appears to be a concerted effort to insulate management from any distractions, including members now.

You won’t find a directory on the RCSC website with leader names, positions, phone and email contacts any longer.
    RCSC Directory:
    https://suncityaz.org/rcsc/rcsc-directory/

If members know a management person’s name, they can email them like this:

First name initial full last @suncityaz.org
    (No spaces)
    name@suncityaz.org

Example:
    • RCSC GM Matthew D’Luzansky
    mdluzansky@suncityaz.org

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
    Janet Curry likes this.
  8. Sambo

Sambo Member

EO - you see it too.Thought maybe I was over analyzing.Im very unimpressed with the changes and feel the actions contradict the words.

9. Happy Hippie

Wow.

10. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

I do believe the impetus for this was primarily to remove the term "Director" from those other leadership positions.

As I understand it, it was to unconfuse the difference between a Director of the board and the Director of Finance, for example, who is strictly an RCSC employee?

Hence, Director vs Leader

11. eyesopen

No issue with the title change.

Janet Curry likes this.
  12. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

That's probably because lately, those positions have been playing musical chairs and as soon as you post a Leaders name it might need to change.

But with that said, what's the big deal to simply edit the Chart? Unless of course they are attempting to insulate those employees from the Members?

Linduska and eyesopen like this.
  13. eyesopen

Not having the directory is more concerning than the chart.

There is no reference of management by name on the RCSC website. The Senior Leaders have officially been identified elsewhere.

One can watch the introductions made on recent Board meeting videos to find out.

Video Feb. 29th, 2024 RCSC Board Meeting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdLy0Uy9sKWCJNLz37tn5ug

And Minutes & Summary Feb. 29, 2024
    ALSO PRESENT:
    …Matthew D’Luzansky, General Manager; Brian Duthu, Golf Sr. Leader; Kevin McCurdy, Support/Finance Sr. Leader; Mike Dirmyer, Non-Golf Sr. Leader; Debbie Giles, Assistant to GM; Marcia Johnson, Board Coordinator; Allen Kleinhans, Doreen Rafferty Audio/Video Engineers; 77 RCSC Cardholders and 1 member(s) of the press

https://suncityaz.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/BOD-Mtg-Summary-2-29-24.pdf

Janet Curry likes this.
  14. Happy Hippie

It takes all of a nano second to change a name on an org chart. I do think you are correct about protecting employees from members. With the deflection away from SC AZ to other sun cities' problems it would be easy to think there is more to this than meets the eye.

15. eyesopen

Advising something like this may happen to anyone posting here.

Recently surprised to see the above comment of mine posted, not quoted, on another social media site.

They began with “Just saw this on Talk of Sun City: …” and had copy/pasted my comment.

No link or author attribution was provided.

If anyone uses someone else's content, it's considered basic internet courtesy to cite the original media content source giving them credit.

Additionally, I think more importantly, it has been a customary courtesy at TOSC to ask an author about “borrowing” their content.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
  16. Happy Hippie

Courtesy??????? Laughable at best. I have screenshots of how "courteous" you all have been to me. Wasn't it you who said this is a privately owned site so regular journalism rules don't apply? If the person would have given your name would anyone know (on another platform) who "eyesopen" is? Was it an actual copy/paste, or was it a paraphrase? However, BPearson did go against the rule of this site by revealing personal information, but that's ok right? No wonder Sun City is a freaking mess. It's difficult to keep things straight when there are two sets of rules.

17. Janet Curry

Janet Curry Well-Known Member

I thought it odd that Board members were named Directors and staff had the same title. Glad for the change, but hope they can come up with something better than "Non-golf Supervisor".

Linda McIntyre and eyesopen like this.
  18. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

The change is good, the confusion by everyone being a director was an oddity.

Here's my thoughts on emails to management; mind you i seldom sent of emails to them, if i had something to say, i talked to my elected board members, often in public settings, though sometimes by email. I know some are bemoaning the lack of emails addresses to the management team. Did you ever think that when they cut 25% (or more) of that management group, those remaining needed to focus on the work they had to do with less staff?

Janet Curry likes this.
  19. eyesopen

Respectfully, Bill, managements preferred mode of communication eliminates any direct access by members, other than in person at board meetings or other RCSC functions they may attend.

There are RCSC corporate department phone numbers and hyperlinked email addresses provided on the website: Board, Corporate, Human Resources, Cardmember Services, Activities and Chartered Clubs:https://suncityaz.org/rcsc/rcsc-directory/

Less is more?

Janet Curry likes this.