I Can Do Better/We Can Do Better...

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Apr 13, 2024.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

At the age of 26, weighing in just under 300 pounds and being a nasty drunk, i stumbled into a treatment center in St. Paul MN. Coming out of it and finding AA, i came to understand, "I Could Do Better." It became my mantra until the day i retired, 27 years later.

At the age of 55, we moved to Sun City and the love affair for the community grew with each passing year. I had the good fortune to be able to volunteer across any number of organizations; by then my mantra, based on what i knew of our history, became "We Can Do Better."

Sun City was built as a "we" community, not a "me" community. It went through some amazing and sometimes ugly battles. It survived in spite of the infighting. Those living here loved it, took ownership and shaped it to be something very special.

No matter what the haters tell you, it still is. As long as those that love it fight to preserve it, we'll go on another 60 years. The values and the value of living in Sun City are worth fighting for. We are that special, we are that unique. Never let anyone tell you differently.

At age 75, and after some 6000 plus posts on this site, it's time to let others carry the torch. I've done my share. More importantly i find myself bumping into my earlier mantra; "I Can Do Better." Going forward simply means finding a better use of my time and knowledge. I have neither the time or inclination to fight with others and thinking it is accomplishing anything; it isn't and more importantly, i know that.

My final thoughts on this site are reflective of what i have learned from our 64 year history. Nothing brilliant, just common sense and logic.

To the Board: "We Can Do Better."
    To the Management: "We Can Do Better."
    To the Membership: "We Can Do Better."

Thanks to all of you who have been part of this journey. .
    Bill.

2. Tom Trepanier

Tom Trepanier Well-Known Member

Yes indeed, “we can all do better.”

Janet Curry likes this.
  3. John Fast

John Fast Active Member

Good luck on your future endeavors!

Janet Curry likes this.