What I would Like To See

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by g47, Oct 29, 2016.

1. g47

g47 New Member

Clubs have to turn in a list of members to the RCSC periodically. I would like to see the number of members each club, and league, has with a + or - shown each time. I think this would show demand, rate of growth(or loss), and if the money allocated was by favoritism or demand. I do not mean to accuse anyone of anything but I think this would be interesting and show the RCSC is open about keeping SC residents informed.

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

It's an interesting system g47; every club used to have to generate numbers of visits (beyond just numbers of members which is submitted every six months). They stopped doing that because there was no measure for accuracy and speculation was those figures were sometimes padded.

Your point of trying to chart growth is in fact available to board members, can't remember if we got it twice a year or maybe more. And when there was a long range planning committee, those on the committee wanted to see that kind of data (for the obvious reasons).

The bigger challenge on how monies is allocated is more based on need, and sometimes who moans the loudest and most often. Every year clubs put in requests for things they feel they need and the better organized ones show up in force at member exchanges to emphasize their point.

I cringe when i watch how we do things these days, but obviously not enough people care one way or the other.