What do you like to watch on TV?

Discussion in 'Talk of Television' started by Ken, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Ken

Ken Administrator

When you all have time to sit and watch TV, what are some of your favorite shows? Are you a sports nut? A news channel nut? Maybe you like the food network or home and garden?

Some of my favorites are Holmes on Holmes, Wheeler Dealer, Top Gear, Gator Boys -

2. bmac007

bmac007 Member

I saw "The Dead Flies" a couple times I think... it's the one that they investigate hauntings... right?

3. Sulley007

Sulley007 New Member

Anyone watch Shark Tank? I think that is a great show.

4. bmac007

bmac007 Member

I haven't seen it but I actually have access to watching them.. It looks like there are 4 seasons already... Is it worth watching from the beginning?

Here is the info I found on it... Looks like something I will like... Thanks!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark_Tank

5. bmac007

bmac007 Member

DONE!!! I am taping it!!

6. Fiona

Fiona New Member

All things HGTV...sigh. I do get sick of watching remodel shows but have little control over the t.v. We have become interested in Game of Thrones and want to get season one and two now to catch up. We started watching Magic City last season for the classic buildings in Miami and the cars...oh the cars...but it is a bit on the racy side. The story line is really interesting and not sure why they have to spice it up to that degree. Oh and we watch House Hunters International...my favorite.

7. Ironman

Ironman New Member

I like a lot of History Channel material, Discovery shows and Animal Planet. Does anyone know of any new series that may be coming up on any of these channels?

8. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I only watch the news from 5-6 in the evening.
    Sometimes I watch channel 8 with its history, travel, nature programs.
    And, then there is Lawrence Welk on Saturday night!
    If there is an exciting sports event I might watch it.
    Especially if there is a party.
    At one time, I liked Dancing with the Stars but it got to be boring.

9. bmac007

bmac007 Member

LOL... I like modern family...

Someone mentioned Game Of Thrones and I say the first couple episodes of the first season and stop watching... should I give it another chance as so many people have told me it's good...

Also, history channel had a great series on called VIKINGS...

I have to admit... Here are my favorites: Breaking Bad, Sons Of Anarchy, Walking Dead, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire and MadMen! I assure you these tv shows are incredible but might not be for everyone... I would say HOMELAND is for everyone and is one of the best tv shows I have ever seen... It's on SHOWTIME... Season 1 and 2 are done.. catch up with them as season 3 starts in Sept 2013

10. bmac007

bmac007 Member

That Killing Lincoln was well done I thought...

The last 8 episodes ever air on the following dates... can't wait!!

August 11, 2013
    August 18, 2013
    August 25, 2013
    September 1, 2013
    September 8, 2013
    September 15, 2013
    September 22, 2013
    September 29, 2013

11. DDArm

DDArm Member

I love The Big Bang Theory . . . but Discovery Channel and Animal Planet is also good. We watch a lot on the history channel as well.

12. DDArm

DDArm Member

Oh yes, Modern Family, Southland, CSI NY and LV, Criminal Minds, Antique Road Show. Of course, the oldies, like Seinfeld, I love Lucy.

13. archer

archer New Member

Football, Person of Interest, Criminal Minds, NCIS, Under the Dome, the occasional golf match, NASCAR, football, CNN news, NCIS LA, Blue Bloods, oh....and did I mention football?.......all the typical stuff any red blooded American lady would be interested in :)

14. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I like to watch the weather.
    Especially today with a duststorm coming in and maybe rain.

Do you shut down your computer during rain/lightening?

I have been told to do so.

15. archer

archer New Member

I have a laptop....during a thunderstorm I just disconnect it from the power cord.

16. Anita Mae

Anita Mae New Member

I am not a big T.V.Watcher -- however, I will listen to World News, PBS for informational.
    "Family Feud" for entertainment. "Rachel Ray" for her cooking tips & recipes. I listen, often, to the Christian Stations.

17. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

I just get the over the air stations, but fortunately that includes PBS on 8-1, 8-2, 8-3. Last week they started Endeavor about Inspector Morse's earlier years. Wow. Dang good. This week's one is available on the website and it is a must for classical music lovers as it has a pianist and opera references. Inspector Morse has always been one of my favorites because it is shot in Oxford. It was followed by Inspector Lewis and now this new treat. If you enjoy a good detective show.... http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/programs/episode/endeavour-s1-e2-fugue/

18. gilmark

gilmark New Member

We use our big screen TV mostly for movies and Netflix TV series, such as Monarch of the Glen (watch while waiting for Season IV of Downton Abbey).

19. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I usually only watch news and live sports on television. I prefer to order television series on DVD from the library. It may be that the current season of the show is over but I can watch a whole series without commercial interruption or forgetting to set a recorder. We do have a streaming video subscription to Netflix which is great and can be watched on our large screen television via wifi or computer.

I just finished watching "Call the Midwife" which was a BBC series set in the 50's and in the poor sections of England. The storylines, music and cast were wonderful. The first two seasons are available but seasons 3-4 haven't been released yet. A must see for those liking period pieces.

20. gilmark

gilmark New Member

I am watchng call "Call the Midwife" these days and love it! Try "Monarch of the Glen" -- another good one.