Sun Dial Pool

Discussion in 'Picture Perfect' started by pegmih, Jul 7, 2013.

1. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

janet me pool 2.jpg

Above is a picture of theraputic pool at Sun Dial Rec Center.
    See the 2 ladies to the right talking?
    I am the lady on the left.

2. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

Is this pool heated or are any of the outdoor pools heated? I like to swim but I hate cold pools/

3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Sun City Pools

Every Rec Center has pool/s. I believe all of them are all heated.
    The theraputic pool is a bit warmer than the others.
    Sun Dial has the only indoor pools.
    The large pool is for walking and lap swimming.
    The small pool is for walking and excercise classes.

The Bell Pool has a serpentine walking pool that is partially covered
    and a large lap pool. I think you can walk in part of it. Not covered at all.

When I moved here in 2007, the Sun Dial Pool was closed because it had been damaged.
    Roof collapsed. Nobody hurt.

During that time, I went to Bell Pool even in the winter.
    You have to get out if there is lightening. That only happened a couple of times.

After a year and a half Sun Dial reopened and it has been my pool of choice.
    Fortunately, it is the pool closest to me - less than a mile.

4. Cynthia

Yes thanks peg. You are a wealth of info about SC and I am glad you're willing to take your time to share it. It helps a lot.

5. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Just ask me and I will probably have an answer or at least be able to get one.

6. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

Fairway has a smaller walking pool that I really like. You can peek through the gaps in the fencing to see the golf course which makes for a nice view out instead of just looking at a wall. The hot tub spas can warm you up Cynthia and then you might be able to stand even the cooler pools and just go back and forth :cheerful:

7. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

When I used Bell pool when weather was cold, it was suggested that I go into spa for a few minutes and I would not feel so cold when I got out.

8. Cynthia

Maybe they heat them but not too warm. I wonder if the solar they are installing will allow for more heating or less.

9. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

In the winter months - - I prefer to go to the Lakeview Pool - - sometimes I only sun bathe - - it the temp is warm enough - -
    I have been in the area too too long - -and yes ! Your Blood Does Thin ! Anything below 70- is FREEZIN' to me ! Lakeview has total sun on the pool all day long. The two awesome hot tubs are both enclosed and close to the showers where you do not have to go out into that cold element - aka: the weather...(I am so whimpy)
    I also enjoy Sundial in the winter months -- however...I am an outdoor person and love to see the sky and sun....
    My summer time choice is Bell lap and walking pools...and yes, even the hot tub in the hot summer - -still feels great !
    We are so fortunate to have 7 choices of which Rec Center we want to use.

10. gilmark

gilmark New Member

I love Sun City in the summer because of the walking pool at Bell. I have met many people and gotten to know more about the culture of Sun City by walking and talking. Join us -- I go around 7:00 every night I can.

11. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

Regarding
    I agree. I don't know why when the roof collapsed at Sundial they didn't take the opportunity to put in a skyview roof. It would've cut down on lighting and it would've looked so much better. My favorite indoor pools are those that have them--many hotels. I used to regularly go to one at a Holiday Inn and it was so nice to do a back float and look up at clouds or moonlight.
    I think when Longrange planning looks at re-doing some rec. centers, a combo indoor/outdoor would be nice too. By that I mean an indoor pool but with a part you could use sliding doors and step outside for some basking and warm-up and to get fresh air, then come back in for the pool.

12. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

Awesome idea, scjack ! Being able too view outdoors with a skylight -- and see BLUE - - rather than concrete - would be a plus ! Having doors around would also be a great idea for wintertime sun-bathers .......escape quickly outside and then back in !!
    I vote yes to BOTH ! ! Are we taking votes yet ???

13. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

Here is a pic of the Sundial at Sundial Rec....and the pretty Sunset is just a Plus !

Sun Dial Rec . DSCN1284 -.jpg

14. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

Sun Dial has a wonderful Gym and fitness area ! It overlooks their swimming pool which is our indoor pool. Many clubs are located in the building as well and there is an area on the top floor to get your walking exercise in. A Mini-Golf Course is also available outdoors.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  15. gilmark

gilmark New Member

I have taken my grand daughter to the pools for kids and they are all quite nice. Some are quieter than others. Bell can get busy, but it is so much fun getting to know the walkers.

16. Fiona

Fiona New Member

I go to the Bell walking pool twice a week now and love it...hate to get out of it. The spa is way too hot for me and I feel like a lobster after 3 min. We have so many fantastic pools here.