Sun City Independent, 06/22/2016

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by J_and_V, Jun 21, 2016.

1. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

A few comments about the holding company articles:

"Holding company rationale" by Dan Schroeder
    If you assume because there was no such holding company created in the past it was not needed, that would be an incorrect assumption.

Comment - Please publish a list of times such a company was needed. Include as much information in the list as possible: date, amount owed RCSC, amount owed other lien holders, final winning bid for property.

"Residents want transparency" by Rusty Bradshaw
    Steve Collins called out board members Jerry Walczak, Ron Smith and Gary Cotton for not fulfilling their campaign promises before their election to the board in November 2015.

Comment - All Sun Views are online where you can see each current board members "goals" they stated for their election. Each sitting member could be called out for the same thing.

All other comments have already been made on different threads, i.e. the ridiculous statement concerning the $200 yearly operating budget.

Open up the meetings RCSC board, let us see who has what opinion. We need to make sure your are working for US.

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Absolutely spot on V; the problem is because they say it, they think it must be true. Data, information, call it what you will but put your money (not ours) where your mouth is Mr. President. I'll repeat V's words so you don't miss it:

"Holding company rationale" by Dan Schroeder
    If you assume because there was no such holding company created in the past it was not needed, that would be an incorrect assumption.

Comment - Please publish a list of times such a company was needed. Include as much information in the list as possible: date, amount owed RCSC, amount owed other lien holders, final winning bid for property.

3. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

The Sun City Independent bought out the Daily News Sun Newspaper. That is not the whole story. There's a blurb now at the Daily News Sun that they are moving their office to the Independent office on Bell Road.

BUT, who bought the Daily News property on Santa Fe Drive in Sun City??? The new owner appears to be a holding company(Cactus Sky Holdings LLC) and the principal party is People of Faith......aka Royal Oaks! This probably means that there will be another $23,000+ in property tax which includes $8900 in Sun City Fire District Tax disappearing from the tax rolls. Holding companies for non-profits must be the new thing....

4. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

Seems like a sketchy way to do business, if you ask me.

5. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I posted this over a year ago and it seems to be appropriate to re-post it here. I know this is a bit buried under a thread with an unrelated title but it shows how complicated things can get. Remember the SC Fire District is asking for us to pass a large bond issue which will be repaid by the residents in the district without any help from the non-profits.

6. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Daily News Sun has large article on Royal Oaks buying out their property. Keep in mind People of Faith(Royal Oaks) boast about it being 40+ acres and 600+ residents but the don't mention it's all tax free. This is not a church, parsonage, or school. Why does such a money maker qualify for a tax exemption for emergency services? Loophole in the law....that's why. Needs to be changed.

7. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

This is one of those topics most folks are pretty clueless about A (myself included). I understand the whole non-profit concept, but way too many organizations have used the shield of religion to keep from paying their "fair share."

No question Royal Oaks does an incredible job caring for seniors, but they have more money than God, and the whole tax structure is one of the reasons they have prospered like they have. Time to revisit you think?

8. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

Good luck with that one. We'll need a lot more atheists in elected office before that's even discussed. And it will really be the next step in politics for politicians to start admitting they are atheists while campaigning. Only those who are retiring from the biz have the nerve to say so. Maybe the generation after the Millenniums (whatever that will be called) can start.