Sun City Construction Project Updates?

Discussion in 'Sun City Phoenix (Original), West & Grand - Arizon' started by Emily Litella, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Emily Litella

Emily Litella Well-Known Member

Deleted.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  2. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Where is
    "the upfitting for Barnet Dulaney Eyecare center (not sure if that's the exact name) has begun.

3. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

I know you're going to doubt it Emily, but my realtor swore he read that the new construction on Duffeland includes a small dog section. He has 4 chihuahuas. We'll see.

4. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

That's within a couple blocks of my house.

5. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

I've been by a couple of times and it's coming along nicely. They could fit in a small section for the smaller dogs quite easily given the new gating, but as of yet, there's no fencing for it (though they still are working in the park and need access with the heavy equipment). The park will be far better when it is done and while I suspect your Realtor is wrong C, I'd personally love to see a small section allocated for those who want to bring their little ones into an area away from the bigger dogs.

6. 3rdGen

3rdGen Member

Thanks for the update on Duffeland !

Every time I'm close my co pilot reminds me that I missed the turn :eagerness:

[​IMG]

7. Cynthia

I really don't get it. Remodeling without giving a small dog area. It's standard in dog parks and all it takes is one chain link fence with a gate spanning a section. Someone is truly backward if they can't do it. So many small dogs in SC its a shame.

8. Mullet

Mullet Member

Our cat couldn't turn Tino down, how could Duffeeland?

20150717_161123.jpg

9. Cynthia

Tino's a cute doggie. Here's Boris...the one that needs a dog park. boris_standing.jpg

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  10. Mullet

Mullet Member

That Boris is quite the looker. You even have him trained to beg for a small dog section in Duffeeland! I think he and Tino may share some ancestry.

11. BPearson

Great pics 3G and M, love to see the fury little ones. Hard to believe how much they mean to us.

I've been wrong before C and i'll be wrong again. Seems to me this was left to the club members to decide. The park we go to (outside of Sun City and later at night) has 2 parks; one small and one big. It works well because lots of the folks with small dogs take them to the large dog park while the ones that don't want to mix can stay in the small dog park.

I see a note in the Independent tonight where there's been another cost over-run, now topping $136,000.

12. Cynthia

He's not begging he stands to get closer to things or to see over things. No one trained him to do it, he just did it naturally. He likes it. But it would make a good "Give Us a Small Dog Park" poster.

13. Cynthia

Which park do you go to B?

14. BPearson

You posted Boris while I was typing C, whole lot of cute going on there. It's in Peoria and called Alta Vista Park. It's on William's Road and is quite nice and about 1bot 10 minutes from our house.

15. 3rdGen

3rdGen Member

Thanks for sharing the pictures !

No comments on the bark park, overrun's and policies :uncomfortableness:

[Violent rhetoric removed to ensure reader safety] ;)

16. Mullet

Mullet Member

Love the co-pilot 3rdGen. That is a classic look.

17. 3rdGen

3rdGen Member

Thanks Mullet ;)