Selling the Compound...

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Jun 16, 2018.

1. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Because Realtor.com, Zillow & Trulia pick up their pictures from the RMLS the photos are the same on all sites.

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Artificial...love it.

3. BPearson

No reductions coming any time soon E. We know the process is slow on a house this size, just need the right buyer.

Thanks for the comments on the pictures. The new ones are posted, way less of them and far more accurate color. Let me know what you think about the differences: Here is the link on Redfin.

4. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

Well...you asked. I have to disagree on the new photos. The inside ones might be better but on the outside the house front is all in shadow...it doesn't show it off like the other ones did (as I remember). With a brown house you need some sun on it to see the details. They were taken at the wrong time of day for the front. They are your opening photos so should be the best ones. I focused on the yellow fire hydrant because it stood out so much. And I don't really get the low view from the rock..the house should be the focus. Can you mix the old outside and new inside? Just a thought.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  5. Ida Eisert

Ida Eisert Member

I have to agree with Cynthia. Ida

6. BPearson

Thanks for the comments. To recap, we had the pictures taken and posted to MLS, which feeds all of the various sites, on Friday. Within the hour, Tim called and asked if we liked them. We didn't and told him so. On Saturday we went to his office and asked him to make the opening photo the one we used here on this site (page 1, first photo) which i took with my ipad. It was really good, but the next four were the grainy outside shots that distorted the color.

Yesterday, another photographer showed up and took the pictures now posted. I still think the ipad photo i took that is on this thread is the best of the bunch. That said, we were most concerned about the inside photo's being representative of what it actually looks like. In my opinion, the inside photo's are far superior. The drone shots are better and there are far fewer pictures in total, which just makes sense. So, i agree the one picture i took of the outside was posted was the best of the bunch, but everything after that is superior to what was on line (the digitally enhanced ones).

7. BPearson

Got an "offer" yesterday, but i hate when buyers want to "low ball" you in a sellor's market. We countered, but left no room for further negotiations. Funny the potential buyers that come through the house and say "it's too big." Yup, that's what 2800 square is.

8. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

Bill,

What has happened to the counter offer? Did the offer get accepted? Are you in the process of moving now? Are you still trying to sell?

Had not heard the outcome of what has transpired over the last several weeks, and am eager to know.

Here is hoping things are going in your favor.

9. BPearson

Thanks for asking C. They offered us 30 thousand below the asking price plus paying for a number of other things. My wife wanted me to tell them to pound salt, but i am a bit more pragmatic, it's just negotiations. The counter was what i thought more than fair, but i told them i wasn't willing to move off the counter. They walked, which was fine. There isn't a sense of urgency to dump it at any price. We knew between the square footage and the style it would only appeal to a small portion of home buyers moving to Sun City.

Here is an oddity i heard the other day, and it is one that was new to me. The guy flips homes around the West Valley and he said the last 6 he has flipped all had similar outcomes. In each case the potential buyers came to the table with offers that were within 5% of what Zillow said they should be valued at (some were higher, some were lower). That poses problems because Zillow's estimates, i suspect, are a composite of similar homes selling in close proximity. In the case of flippers, and us, we have any number of upgrades. The comps tend to have less improvements and so it has a negative impact on homes that are updated ib what they say the valuation should be.

10. BPearson

Been missing in action of late, but it has been a whirlwind past three weeks; even given my frantic personality. We've moved, the "compound" has been sold and the new owners moved in yesterday. Tough to leave, but life is all about moving forward, not looking back. The best news of all is the new owners appear to love it as much as we did. That was important to us, knowing the efforts we invested were appreciated and will be enjoyed for years to come. They saw it online and within weeks put in a bid and took ownership. Nice.

I'll try and start a thread on the new place and how it will be our next work in process.

11. IndependentCynic

IndependentCynic Active Member

Congrats on the sale and best wishes in the new WIP :)

12. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

I did not know card holders are given a new RCSC number when they move to a new house. I wonder what was the first number ever given and when? And now I should ask myself why I am wondering about that.