Screw the Supreme Court...

Discussion in 'Non Sun City Related Discussions' started by BPearson, Jul 11, 2019.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

As much as i try and ignore the craziness surrounding this president, some days it's unavoidable. Some days i just get angry enough to need to commit my sentiments to print. Today is one of those days.

The headlines said it all: "Trump Turns to Executive Action to Press Citizen Question on Census." Perfect. It wasn't bad enough he has disgraced the rule of law, ignored the constitution, treated the co-equal branches of government with disdain; but now this.

My friends on the right have all but abdicated virtually every one of the tenets that stood republicans in a different light than us godless lefties. They have squandered decades of being the "moral authority,' all so they could prop up the ego-maniac.

Most often their defense has been; ya but Gorsuch and Kavanaugh. Okay, i get it. You were willing to compromise everything you believed in, stood for because you would now have control of the Supreme Court. One question: How's that working out for you?

Trump didn't get his way regarding the question, even though it was his Supreme Court who ruled the citizen question should not appear on the census. And what we know is if the president doesn't get his way, a tantrum is coming. I hate people born with a silver spoon in their ass who spend their whole time whining about how unfair life is to them.

It's freaking pathetic. Nothing means anything to this jackass; other than getting what he wants. And yet the republicans who used to stand on the traditions that made this country great try to meekly blend into the drapes so as to to make him unhappy.

Shameful!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  2. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

When I brought up the "Toledo" gaff at the Right Wing-Left Wing discussion group I frequent the RW answer was, "Oh any one could make that mistake."
    Not really. Only someone to whom because Toledo & Dayton are both in Ohio, that's close enough. Sort of reminds me of the "I just bombed Iraq" .... "No Mr President, you bombed Syria" . .... 'Whatever." business from a few years ago. Retirees in Sun City should be allowed such slips. A sitting US President should not. Of course now perhaps the 1st Amendment police will show up and remind me that he can say whatever he wants to.

3. BPearson

Hey Carp, welcome back...long time no read. I can forgive him the misspeak, though forgetting the city name is pretty bad. All presidents have those one off gaffs. The camera is always running and sooner or later they slip up.

What gets me crazed is the intentional stupid that is forever slipping from his mouth. Like yesterday on the White House lawn when he proudly proclaimed his "words" had helped bring the country together. Freaking really? He has no clue on how much and how many people despise him and his cruelty. Take for example the ice raids yesterday in Mississippi. Hurrah, 680 workers rounded up as their kids went off to their first day of school, only to find out their parents were being detained. Illegals. Hot damn.

What makes it all sound way better is the bat-shit crazy US attorney for the southern district of Mississippi proudly proclaimed the country is becoming a nation of laws again. Interesting take given Trump et al has refused to comply with warrants and subpoena's legally submitted. And then there's the requests for folks to appear before house hearings and have refused...even thou there is no legal precedent to prevent it.

A nation of laws indeed...for everyone but the president.

I can hardly wait for some of our constitutional conservatives to wade in on this discussion. Now that's funny.

4. BPearson

Guess our friends on the right don't have the courage of their convictions eh? I can only smile as i listen to the folks who permeate the airwaves defending the stupid our president does. There is no defense on most of it other than to just be honest enough to say, we'll live with his lawlessness and disregard for the office as long as we get the Supreme Court we want, the roll back on regulations and we win (at any and all cost of decency and the future of the republican party).

If i have learned nothing else in my 71 years on this earth, everything is cyclical. The pendulum swings back and the price tag for ones actions comes due and payable.

5. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Although I am a fan of the 1st Amendment I sometimes choose to not exercise it.