SCHOA and SCCOA question

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Emily Litella, Aug 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Emily Litella

Emily Litella Well-Known Member

Deleted.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

There's been ongoing discussions about the COA coming back to the SCHOA building. For those who don't know, they used to share space them someone got pissy and they moved.

Here's a quick story virtually no one knows (thanks to Ben Roloff's research, now you will): In 1983 our deed restrictions contained no language regarding age limitations. State and federal changes in those years inspired a huge group of Sun City residents to fix it. DEVCO sold homes under the premise we were age restricted, but it was never put in the deed restrictions, just in the promotional materials. Anyway, this group of Sun City residents plotted out the various "units" within Sun City and started a petition drive that included both husband and wife to sign up for the documents to be changed to state 55 and older and no one under 19. It took nearly two years, but they reached 95% and then went and pushed to get as many of the remaining 5% as possible. Once that was done they filed with the county and our question of age restrictions was resolved once and for all.

I tell you that because as we move forward on the clarifications of the CC&R's we know it will be a lengthy process. A year or better would be a safe projection. In the meantime, SCHOA is producing an entirely new look/approach to their community guide that will come out the end of the year. I know this because i have been asked to write the CC&R's section. In it, we will feature a pictorial review of the current ones, and will include where we are on the efforts to change them. Essentially it will be an exercise to create an interest to make them more easy to follow and more clear to read.

Hopefully that answers all your questions E.

3. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

As always, thanks for the History.
    Which is actually Ourstory.

4. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Spot on Carp. It is our story and what we used to try and teach people was if we don't tell it, no on else will. Funny thing is, some would rather not know or hear, makes it easier to do as they please.

5. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

People sure do have different ways of enjoying their free time.

6. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

The Sun City Visitor Center has a book with SC floor plans.
    At least they did when I worked there. I remember meeting you there, "Emily".
    It was before they had their new place.
    Here is a link to SC floor plans online.
    http://www.eta-az.info/sun city/index.html

I asked my new neighbor what his floor plan was.
    He didn't know. I think mine is H35 or at least something 35

Emily Litella likes this.
  7. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Correction. D35
    My "Lanai" was turned into a very large tv room.
    Some people have removed wall between "Lanai" and have one very large Great Room.
    Not to my liking.
    Then I have an enclosed patio with windows and furniture.
    Never use that room!

8. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Yes, that would be (still is) me.
    A fascinating study that surprisingly has not acquired more acolytes.