RCSC Properties Committee

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Josie P, Jul 23, 2024.

1. Josie P

Josie P Well-Known Member

I have been curious for a long time how we got to the $20 mil deferred maintenance point. I decided to look at the Properties Committee Meeting Minutes. From the RCSC Website:

19. What does the Properties Committee do?

It is the purpose of the Properties Committee to conduct at least four complete inspections of all RCSC physical properties annually to determine if RCSC facilities are safe, being properly cared for and are in good condition, which is reported along with recommendations, if any, for improvement.

Minutes posted on the website:

Home ยป Properties
    Properties
    2024 Properties Committee Meeting Summaries
    June June 25, 2024
    March March 26, 2024
    2023 Properties Committee Meeting Summaries
    November November 28, 2023

https://suncityaz.org/committees/properties

hmmmmm.

2. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

It's my understanding after attending the recent F&B and LRP committee meetings that the deferred maintenance cost is actually around 17 million and it looks like they will complete all the issues within the next 2 years.

3. Josie P

Josie P Well-Known Member

That's a good thing, thanks. Still wondering why only 3 meetings posted to web site. It kind of fits in with BP's comment which still makes me wonder what in the heck happened.

"The former, former GM retired and the new hand-picked guy had his hands full. He knew we were in trouble but refused to tell us how bad it was and why he even needed an increase at all. Once he left, the interim general manager said to hell with it, threw the books open and what we saw wasn't pretty."

How much is being hidden?

4. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

I find Kevin McCurdy to be very open about everything. He's a good guy and understands that he works for us. So anytime he's asked a question, he simply tells it like it is! He can only do what the Board allows him to do, but he has a handle on things and is his own man, unlike Bill Cook who was hand picked by Jan Ek to keep all her secrets.

Janet Curry and Josie P like this.