RCSC new website

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Ida Eisert, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Ida Eisert

Ida Eisert Guest

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

First blush...very impressive.

3. BPearson

On second blush, it's even better. Kudos...but one thing...am i missing the interactive link for two-way dialogue?

4. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

First click impression...Visually it's a big improvement and better organized.

5. BruceW

BruceW Active Member

Ooh! Shiny... at first glance, very nice improvement.
    I think this site would actually make folks want to move to Sun City more than the previous site.

6. BPearson

Quick story: In 2011, the year before i went on the board, i was on the communications committee. We were charged with finding a company to build a new website for the RCSC. The goals were expansive; better social media, our own youtube channel and a site that popped. Long story short was we interviewed three vendors, one was a person who built the museum site, one a company who told us we would need 8 to 12 hours of prelim discussions to figure out what we wanted the site to do/be and a third who merely sent us their bid.

In my previous life we had built several sites and when i heard the proposal to actually think and talk about what we wanted, i started to drool. My experience with the person who ended up with the contract was less than good. Two of us voted against her, the others voted for. It was a terrible mistake that took 5 years to finally get it right.

I did note on the bottom residents who shared why the loved Sun City. It would be a good first step to allow others to post their Sun City story on a separate page with a link to them. They could be moderated with clearance before posting.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  7. Cynthia

The bottom resident section is cool but I would have liked to see a representative of the younger crowd. It would help attract the younger boomers.

It also might be good if residents could send photos to post on the Sun City Instagram account. It doesn't look as if its updated very often...only a few photos. Is there a person who does that? Who does the social media posts?

Good photos. I like the view of the medians and the mountains on the contact us page

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  8. Cynthia

Fifty-two is technically a boomer. I doubt many in their 40s are looking st SC right now. The website willl need to change again in a few years when GenX starts looking.