RCSC BOD Meeting 10/31

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by aggie, Oct 31, 2019.

1. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'll be able to attend so I hope someone does and can post their observations in case the video is "lost" again.

I suggest if you wish to speak on any item which may come up at this meeting, you sign up under each motion and agenda item. Something may come up during the meeting which raises questions. Unless you sign up ahead of time you will not be able to ask questions or make comments until the Member Comments at the end of the meeting which is after voting. You can always decline to speak if your name is called and you have no comments.

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

I won’t be there either. I have fairly well given up on the management team and board paying much attention to what any of us think or say.

3. IndependentCynic

IndependentCynic Active Member

I think often of the Bob Dylan lyrics...
    Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.​

As I see it, life is short, the battle long has been long, and SC lost. I never really give up, but I do disengage from situations that are futile. Management has stacked the deck by changing the by-laws, SB1094, the quorum, etc. Until a whole lot more residents realize the RCSC has a blank check to do whatever they want and charge the membership whatever they want there can be no resolve without a revolt. It's time to focus more on enjoying the things in life that don't frustrate -- maybe even time to consider getting outta Dodge.

4. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Didn't go and didn't watch it either. I'm told it was about 20 minutes. Awesome.

One of the more interesting aspects of what is going on, is not being talked about at all. If you read the managers report, finances are on budget and maybe even a tad better. Doesn't make any sense in that board members are claiming they are burning through cash this year. I've never liked the way budgets have been done and said so on many occasions. Turns out the new finance guy doesn't either and has told them the carryover (slush-fund) they always had in their back pocket isn't really kosher. If the word i am getting is accurate, that's where the money they are bleeding out is coming from.

But what the hell do i know about it eh?