RCSC Board Meetings in May

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by aggie, May 8, 2020.

1. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

So why can't the meetings be held without an audience and then posted to the YouTube site as usual? We want to know what is going on besides just the reports by the management. It is very safe to have the limited number sit properly distanced to carry on discussion, questions and updates. How many employees are currently working? Is there a tentative timeline for opening facilities? There must be discussions ongoing and the BOD should be part of this conversation. Time to let us cardholders know what is going on behind the scenes. Remember you pledged increased transparency! Let's start with the May 11th meeting as there aren't normally meetings held over the summer.

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

That’s like asking why a turtle can’t run the Boston Marathon aggie. They are simply incapable. Is it their inability to appreciate technology? Or, their failure to understand those of us (card holders as they like to say), care? Maybe, a combination of all of the above.

It was curious to note in the reports they are still slogging through improving their wifi. It was about a year ago when we pushed for them to address that and it’s still an ongoing struggle. That is beyond my comprehension. Can someone explain to me why that is so daunting?

Finally, if you truly want to see open governance in action, simply visit either the Sun City West or Sun City Grand sites. They are showing not only board meetings but also committee meetings. They’ve embraced the ZOOM world with reckless abandon and allow the community to see and in some cases participate. Troglodytes in the truest sense of the word.

3. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Did you get your RCSC email regarding the May 28th meeting? A couple interesting items. Anyone know who is being appointed to the Board to fill the vacancy? The new Long Range Plan has been released but yet to be approved. No surprise there is $6 million for golf to be completed before the Softball Club gets their new building with a rather high estimate of $800,000.

No mention that masks will be required but since it's held at Sundial which is a RCSC facility I'm sure they'll be enforcing it.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  4. BPearson

Never did see an email regarding the agenda and it isn't posted on their website. Perfect, another 6 million for golf.

5. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

On the RCSC website you have to go to the pull-down for RCSC Board & Committee Meetings for Meeting #2.

6. BPearson

Got the email. Thanks aggie. This is exactly why I told softball players to lobby for it to be built out of the yearly budget and not the PIF. Seems to me they are way down the list with 2024 nothing more than a pipe dream. BTW, you know the GM considers golf maintenance buildings to fall under amenities, not golf. Laughable.

7. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

I suspect Gene Westermier will be appointed. He all of a sudden has come out of the woodwork and he is a golf fanatic and an EK favorite. I could be wrong, but would not be surprised to see another retread on the board.

8. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

A more likely pick would be Jerry DeLano or Jerry Walczak. Apparently there will be no disclosure until next week.