Peppermint Oil, Eucalyptus Oil - -Olive oil, Vit E Oil

Discussion in 'Feminine Forum' started by Anita Mae, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Anita Mae

Anita Mae New Member

Add a few drops of each peppermint or and eucalyptus to your Body Wash...and/or your Body lotion not only do these oils smell so good, giving you a little lift ...they help to soften your skin.

If you use Baby Oil or some type of oil on your skin - -you can also use Olive Oil or even Vegetable oil.

Vitamin E Oil is a great moisture oil for your face.

Tea Tree Oil can be added to just about anything from body wash to shampoo.. another nice oil for softening.

2. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

How is any oil different than a lotion? Doesn't oil make you skin slippery?

3. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

If you could see the barrels and barrels of oil I have. I owned a natural soap making company for a while. I loved making soap but I hated selling it. I have however, never needed to buy a bar of soap now since 2000. I could say a lot about oil, soap and lotion. Baby oil is the least desirable. Jojoba is great, non-oily and the plants only grow in desert areas. A bit pricey.

4. Cynthia

Regular soap is make basically this way: the company heats a large vat of oil, the oily part rises to the top and they skim it off. They use that skim to make lotion and sell it because they can charge more money then if they keep it in the soap. Then they make the soap with the other portion. That soap is drying to your skin so you buy lotion.

5. Cynthia

Natural soap (if not just a false label) if made this way: usually a cold method, no heating. The oil is not removed but rather incorporated into the soap. It doesn't dry your skin like regular soap and you rarely need to use lotion. Of course aging dries your skin too because of the thinning layers so you still might need some lotion or oil.

6. Cynthia

Some oil absorbs quickly into your skin and others do not. All oils are not the same. Different smells and absorption properties. Some say healing properties but that is debatable.

7. Cynthia

Fixed oil vs essential oils. Fixed oils, or carrier oils, are extracted from nuts or seeds. You can cook with them, use them to make soap or other cosmetics as a base oil. Essential oils are usually pressed out or steamed from a flower. They are added to the carrier oil for the perfume or in aromatherapy. Some aromatherapy just use the straight essential oils, no carrier. Not all thing listed a essential oil are natural, many are synthetic which do not have the same properties.

8. Anita Mae

Anita Mae New Member

interesting, Cynthia... Thanks for the info on the soaps, oils & lotions...

9. Cynthia

Essential Rose oil is so ridiculously expensive that you never get it. You can buy some of the water used to steam it or other forms of extraction for a bit cheaper, but you are almost always buying rose as synthetic. Synthetics also smell much stronger. Real essential oils have the softer smell of a real flower.

10. Cynthia

Careful adding peppermint, eucalyptus, or any citrus oil to the bath water. Start with a few drops only. They smell very good but many people get a rash from these. One of my favorite oils for smell (not in the water) is lemon eucalyptus...some countries' plants smell better than others.

11. Cynthia

You can make your own lemon eucalyptus by blending the two oils. I like it heavier on the lemon side (but I still want that eucalyptus to come out)

12. Anita Mae

Anita Mae New Member

I never add oils to my bath water - - itself -- I would be concerned that it might make the tub some what slippery -- caution - - a fall might happen. I only use these oils mixed with body wash, body lotions, and or shampoos..... I apply straight Vitamin E oil to my face -- but ain't gonna slip on that -- ha-ha.
    If someone has a tendency to be allergic to things.. I am certain they take caution whenever they try something new.

13. Cynthia

Not necessarily. People who are not allergic to anything thing else can still react to essential oils on the skin. I react to a citrus but have no other allergies. Essential oils are not very slippery (especially a few drops in a tub of water), but carrier oils are very slippery. Most oils tend to float on the top of the water anyway but cling to your skin when you step out of the bath. Except for Sulfated Castor (also know as Turkey Red). It mixes with water. Yes you can easily slip so best not to use carrier oils in your bath.