Our rescue cat

Discussion in 'Pets' started by aggie, Dec 19, 2015.

1. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Some of you may remember we had to put our 15 year old cat to sleep earlier this year. She was a torti munchkin that weighed 4 pounds at her heaviest. Losing her left a big hole in our hearts.

So....we waited a bit and went to several rescue shelters. We now have a 4 year old very energetic 9 pound female short hair ragdoll lynxpoint that is still learning boundaries. She sounds like a horse running down the hall before she pounces on her sleeping victims. All food must be put away in cupboards and we only hope she doesn't figure out how to open the doors. The Christmas tree was decorated with safe ornaments and she's only fascinated by the bows on the presents.

We're happy we could give her a home as we were told her owners had to go into an assisted living facility that didn't take pets. Now if I could only convince her that there are more places than my lap for her to sleep!

2. Mullet

Mullet Member

Good for you Aggie. Tell her hello from our three.

3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Since you like cats, you might like the web page I made.

Cats from A-Z

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  4. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

Congratulations!

The two we have are now 3 years old and they believe our training is going very well.

5. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

So true....cats do set their own rules and the owners are merely there to do their bidding. I like the fact that a cat is independent enough to be left for a short 2 night trip without needing walks or additional feedings. Dogs would eat all their food in the first hour and can only be left for short time without care.

6. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information. Our ragdoll is far from docile but maybe with age she'll mellow a bit. The coloring is much the same as the example photo but our's is a short hair about the length of a Siamese's coat.

7. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

We lucked out by visiting 4Paws and this was the first day our cat was out on the floor for adoption. We had to wait one day for her to get her shots. We brought her to our vet for a free exam and all checked out okay.

I'd love to post a picture but I'm having problems shrinking down a photo to the size acceptable on this site. The file size they want is very small.

8. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Here goes...

VerySmall Kitty Pic (319x640).jpg

P.S. This took me forever to figure out and small picture is large. This pic was when we first got her and she's put on 2 pounds since then.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  9. Mullet

Mullet Member

She's a cutie alright.

10. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Time to post some pics of the rest of the TOSC cats.

11. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I wanted to reach out and pet her.

12. Mullet

Mullet Member

Here's Calie doing paperwork. She's 12 or 13 year's old.
    20150707_104135-800x450.jpg

13. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

You guys make me smile with the pics of your "children."

Thanks, BP

14. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Do you still use oil lamps? In Sun City, we have electricity.

15. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

OK, sorry but I have to:

little_kittens.jpg

The one in front is Judge Judy, the one in back is Jurisprudence (Judge and Jurie)

16. Mullet

Mullet Member

Nice one, Peg. The lamp was a wedding gift my parents received in 1943. At that time they didn't have electricity except what was provided by their "Wincharger" (32 volt).

17. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Great photos! I know I'd also like to see pics of the barking kids, too.