Original Sun City Floor Plans

Discussion in 'Sun City Phoenix (Original), West & Grand - Arizon' started by suncityjack, Jul 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

2. gilmark

gilmark New Member

Oops -- just saw this site after having posted about how much I enjoy my Rainier model because of the window over my kitchen sink facing the street and the living area on the back, quiet side of the house. There are many great plans--especially knowing you can open up the houses and make them your own!

3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

The Sun City Visitor Center has a book with all the floor plans.

I have a D35. Kitchen sink faces street.
    There is one unusual floor plan where the kitchen sink looks out into the garage.
    In another floor plan the kitchen sink faces a wall.

4. archer

archer New Member

I'll have to go through that site and find our floor plan.....I'm amazed there are so many different ones

5. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

But how do you know what model goes to which. I've seen some of the models have name listed like Mountjoy, Astro etc, but this site only shows numbers. How can I use it? Very helpful for me now in trying to buy.

6. Cynthia

Most of the real estate listing do not give a number for the floor plan, some have it but few. How did you find out the floor plans before you moved there, jack?

7. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

I was fortunate - - when I was looking for a home in Sun City - years 2006 thru - 2008 - - My Realtor supplied me with a floor plan of each home I looked at. If it is a Real Estate Company that is familiar with Sun City ---- they normally also - know the floor plans.
    - - Maybe the Sun City Historical Museum would also have original floor plans.

8. Cynthia

I found some online from the Sun City Museum, not as many as that site jack linked to but right now I narrow my search by looking online. The realtor can give it to you if you ask. It would be good to know before that point that I ask. I don't know how much you used online in 2006 but now its the starting point for most, I believe.

9. Cynthia

Are there any sections of Sun City that less desirable to live? I know it's subjective to what a person wants, but any info would be helpful on what you might know. I think I want to live in Phase 1 area. Any tips on locations within Phase 1?

10. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

I couldn't find them for all of them, but just some of them and the model numbers were often listed on the handouts from the realtors (mostly Ken Meade listings since they are so familiar with SC) and then the realtor would research it. If memory serves me correctly, I got some help from SCHOA too and looked at some resources at historical soc. re: floorplans before I found the handy site. Remember though that lots of homes have been renovated and that's why I noticed some of the realtors were reluctant to give me model numbers or to bother researching, bec the dimensions would be different, etc., but I still wanted a starting point.

11. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

Cynthia -- have you gotten onto the Sun City Website ? You might be able to find out more there. Regarding Phase !... That was the very first Area Del Webb built in....back in the early 60's. They are older homes but remodel beautifully ! The Rec Center, Fairway, close to Phase 1, was remodeled recently and it is State of The Art - it has many club rooms as well as a Fitness Center, Gym, and an awesome Walking Track !
    Next time you are in town -- an idea might be to get a local realtor to show you around our Sun City - - Phase 1,2, & 3....
    You then would be able to judge better on what would suit your needs.

12. Cynthia

I've looked at everything I can find online I can, still looking. I live in LA and its difficult to pop on over because of my dogs. That takes a bit of arranging. A Realtor can show me around I was just thinking some who live there might give me a scoop. That's usually different from from a Realtor says. :nevreness:

13. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Could you be more specific, please.
    I posted about the different styles of houses. Prices are going up.
    Remember the saying location, location, location.

I was fortunate when I purchased my condo.
    It is less than a mile from my church, the Posse, and the rec center I prefer.
    It is also located half way between Safeway and Frys.
    The Visitor Center, Bell Library, and my bank are about a mile away.

Contact Ken Meade Realty (google the name) and request a map. Bet they send one

I'm happy to answer questions and so is everyone on this forum.

14. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Because of your dogs, you might want to give some consideration as to location of Dog Parks.
    There is one at Del Webb Blvd and Thunderbird Blvd. Someone else might know of more.
    BTW Thunderbird goes east to west then curves to the north then to the east. Kind of confusing.
    All streets in Sun City are confusing because they are in circles. At first I was always getting lost.

15. Cynthia

Thanks peg, i look at interactive online map all the time. I do consider the dog park, stores, rec centers all of that. I can locate common information. But, for instance, I saw I house that looked good for many reasons. It borders Youngtown. I wondered if there is a down side to that area. Then I did find something on C/D forum about dust from mining near Youngtown. Some info like that is what I'm wondering about because it can be difficult to know. Location, location is a good rule but what is considered the best location? Do most think closer to Lakeview? One Realtor told me that is the best area.

16. Cynthia

One of the reasons I have thought about Phase 1 is a (small) dog park is going up in the Sun Bowl. At least I read in the newsletter that is the plan. And I wouldn't have to cross Grand as often to get to it. And I do have some affinity for block houses...don't know why.

17. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Take a look at Phase 2.
    It is centrally located to everything and has a Dog Park.

18. Cynthia

Thanks for the suggestions. That was my first thought but that dog park doesn't have a small dog area. My dog is afraid of large dogs. The new one is suppose to have a small dog park.

19. archer

archer New Member

We are in phase 1, and eagerly await the new dog park. For now we enjoy walking the dogs in the medians on Alabama and 107th....nice big areas for the dogs to exercise on a long retractible leash. We tried the Duffee dog park but the very first visit a big dog attacked one of my 18lb Cavaleirs and every time we took him back there he would glue himself to the gate and want out. No other dog park elicits the same reaction. Its too bad because our other Cavalier loves to run and play.

20. Cynthia

I haven't seen Duffee of course but I wonder why they couldn't section off a place for small dogs. They don't need a large space to run. Must be many small ones around there that need it.