Old in Sun City but new to ToSC

Discussion in 'Sun City New Members' started by 3GenSCAZ, Jul 6, 2019.

1. 3GenSCAZ

3GenSCAZ Member

I was here actually here on January 1, 1960, granted in a stroller covered by a blanket. My grandparents were two of the original pioneers and lived in the third house on the first street.

In later years my parents, one aunt and one uncle also retired in Sun City. When it came time to buy my retirement oasis and escape Los Angeles there was only one choice for me.

My claim to fame; as a kid I walked thru every model home in Sun City while visiting the grandparents. My grandmother was a model home hostess who sewed the towels onto the towel racks so they wouldn’t get stolen!

I look forward to sharing great ideas and making them realities with my fellow residents.

2. 3rdGen

3rdGen Member

3GenSCAZ likes this.
  3. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Awesome story; and welcome again 3Gscaz.

Our history is spectacular and hopefully you will follow the series i am writing for the museum and posting links for on this website. Most newcomers aren't as familiar with how we came to be as you are. You saw those early year up close and personal. One of the board members on the museum is the granddaughter of the original owners of that house. Once you get settled, it would be wonderful if you could get involved with the museum. In the next 5 years our goal is to take it to a wholly different place. You sound like you may be a great addition.

4. 3GenSCAZ

3GenSCAZ Member

I will be following your museum series! Thank you in advance for a suspenseful ride thru the history of Sun City. The museum is one of our hidden treasures and I make sure everyone who visits gets the full experience.