New TV Advertising in NJ/NY Area for the Original Sun City?

Discussion in 'Sun City Phoenix (Original), West & Grand - Arizon' started by Emily Litella, May 19, 2015.

1. Emily Litella

Emily Litella Well-Known Member

Deleted.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  2. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

There was some film production done a while back to do some short ads for the original Sun City. The friends in NY probably saw the ad that Del Webb runs for Sun City but that is for SC Grand, SC Festival and SC West.

I'm sure that the Board and Management of RCSC would have told its members that these ads are being shown in advance....right??!!

:confused:

3. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Too funny aggie; I think I see a grassy knoll out there. Last year (or was it the year before) we were working with a group called The Leading Edge Series. The cost was in the neighborhood of $23,000 (from the marketing budget) for them to come in and shoot several video segments. We got one of them and others aired around the country. I never saw a program placement list, nor have I seen any of the ads. I have heard people say they saw them on the Fox Business channel. I suspect that is what your friend saw in NY/NJ.

All in all it was a great buy, because the cost of advertising on TV is ridiculous. We got both the video and ad placement for that $23,000. Exposure is everything these days and it is one of the reasons home sales have been so strong the last several years and why it will stay strong.

Anyone with a home in Sun City they are waiting to sell should strongly consider putting it on the market this fall. KHov's new homes will attract potential buyers above and beyond the glitz of the showplaces they build.

4. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Why would KHOV make prices "go through the roof"?
    I considered buying another place as an investment but did not like idea of being a landlady.

5. BPearson

Anytime you get increased action (people coming to see the KHov homes) in the community, you'll see a residual affect in sales of existing homes. Our inventory is already low and as demand grows, so do prices. The good news is as prices increase investors may well be ready to take their profit and folks sitting on their homes will also be inclined to put them on the market. This fall should be a banner time period for home sales.

6. BPearson

You have to be really careful on attached housing E. Years back they were wide open on rentals, but now many have restrictions on renting. Apparently insurance premiums are more expensive when you allow rentals. And of course the bigger concern is those individual HOA's are often struggling to get officers. With renters, you reduce the potential number of possible board members. BTW, there are 386 individual HOA's for attached homing.

If you are buying it to flip, that's another story. It was just 3 years ago when 1 bath, 1 bedroom 900 square foot units on Coggins (behind Fry's on Grand) were selling for as low as $30,000. Now that same unit is approaching 50K. Not a bad investment, though you need factor PIF, rec fees, taxes and Realtor commissions to get a true picture of what your net would be. The good news interest rates are so low, they are almost a non-issue. Obviously you can cover costs with rentals, but if you can't rent them, it's all just numbers to work through.

7. BPearson

Colby Management does a lot of the outside management for associations that can't get officers, as well as working with some even when they can. They do a great job, but in that they aren't owners, it's just not the same. Of course these COA's fall under Title 33 of the Arizona Statutes and it is imperative they follow the law or they could get in trouble.

As far as changing the rules, they could go either way; to rent, or not to rent. The point here is if you live in attached housing you need be involved if for nothing else to vote on these kinds of changes as well as increases to the yearly fees.

8. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

My association has Colby handle our account. We also have officers. I have been Secretary and now I am Social.
    That's about as high up as I plan to go.

9. BPearson

Hey Peg: I bet you could get a little higher if you visited the new store on Bell Road and Lindgren/Hutton.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

10. Fiona

Fiona New Member

Great. Prices will go through the roof just as we are finishing our house....new paint, new roof, new garage with European cabinets.....and I don't want to go anywhere. Can't replace it. Staying put even if our taxes go through the roof with the prices lol.

Emily...if you can find a single family home in your budget, I would recommend buying one in lieu of a townhome/condo. We were a bit concerned about having aging neighbors along with us aging and possible fires when we were house hunting. One fire just happened on Union Hills/Lake Forest. Both units burned to the ground. Heartbreaking. It is still rare here, but I just prefer a single family home I guess.

11. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Are you implying what I think you're implying?
    Never tried it, Never will.