New Finance Officer?

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by CMartinez, Sep 6, 2019.

1. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

Okay, I admit, I do not attend all of the meetings, and usually only attend when I have a need. When did the board approve a new management position called a Finance Officer? What are their duties? Since when can a new level of management be added without board consent? Guess I am the only one not aware of this new addition?

2. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Is this Monday one of those "Meet the BoD sunrise services?"

3. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I checked back in the RCSC Management Directory and it shows Bill Cook, Director of Finance, at least back to 2016. He must just stay out of the limelight.

4. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Carp-
    The meeting at Sundial is actually at 9:00 a.m. so should be in the full light of day if all goes well.

Let's see if the agenda items are open for discussion from residents before voting. Not sure why the item regarding waiving the PIF is even on the agenda. Could open the floodgates for many wanting waivers.

I hope there is good discussion regarding the Long Range Plannings proposals for better tech. We are so behind the times.

carptrash likes this.
  5. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Looks to me like the "director of finance" is just a change in name from controller and added as a part of the management team. Is it my imagination aggie? Wasn't the first meeting of the month on Thursday? I know the exchanges were on Monday, but i thought the change was for all Thursdays?

6. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

That is close enough to sunrise for me. Monday is also my library volunteer day so I only hit these BoD events when my social director insists.

7. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

The first meeting of the month will remain on Monday which is usually the 2nd Monday of the month. The main thing that changed is the location as all meetings will be held at Sundial.