March, 2020...another test.

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Sep 9, 2019.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

I did get to the board meeting this morning in time to hear a question asked and answered: "When will the Grand Ave project be started and finished?" The assistant general manager was asked to respond and the answer was "About 7 months, March, 2020."

I can only assume that was for the portion of the project that was the refurbished Chinese restaurant, but that was not clarified. It is interesting because they still don't have the approval from the county on the expanded entrance off of Grand Ave. For those unfamiliar, the RCSC is also adding a new building for the Restoration Club (or whatever it is called these days).

Someone pointed out three other businesses had opened on Grand Ave, all started near or after we had begun our process of securing a building permit, but heck, who's counting?

2. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

The decline (and eventual fall) of the American Empire.

3. BPearson

Nothing comes easy these days when it comes to construction. That said, the three commercial buildings that have been built on Grand Ave all went up very quickly. You've got to wonder why their projects went so much smoother than ours, oh hell, any of ours of late? It certainly appears we aren't trying to get by on the cheap.

In any event, i wasn't being critical, simply passing on information. The last "test," the Bell pool and it got an incomplete. They opened in time but didn't get the pool surface done, for whatever reasons.

Hopefully this one comes together better. We'll see.

4. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be great if the Sun City Car Club would use it's own funds and purchase the vacant fire station at 111th & Oakmont??? It's now on the market for $250,000 and looks to have the perfect space for their use. Before the RCSC was wrangled into providing space for this club, the club was going to do it on their own independent of the RCSC. There's still time for them to save us cardholders a lot of money!

carptrash likes this.
  5. BPearson

How many sq ft?

6. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  7. BPearson

Their new space was originally to be 8000 sq. Last I heard they were going to put a holding pond in and take some of the building for it. Obviously it isn’t even close to their needs.

8. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

What they want and what they need are two different issues.

Edited to add: Also what the price tag is for the "wants" will be paid for by cardholders.

carptrash likes this.
  9. BPearson

They currently have over 7000 sq in that old dump of a building. I'm beginning to think you don't like the idea of this club becoming a part of Sun City. Not sure how many other clubs with dedicated space have had to pay for what they have. Maybe you can help understand who else was told they should pay for their own.

10. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that they could be part of the Sun City community but not necessarily a RCSC Chartered Club. They claimed to have plenty of funds and were looking to buy a property for this organization before the RCSC got involved. If I'm not totally mistaken, Sun City West's club is self sustaining for the most part through contributions, fund raisers and sponsorships because they formed a 501C3 to get tax exempt donations. They took out loans from RCSCW and repaid them as they went along. I've toured the pristine and well managed SCW facility and would recommend anyone to visit that site.

My concern is that the SC Club doesn't want the same tight controls. So, yes, I am concerned about the cost and oversight of this venture.