Iphone 5

Discussion in 'Computer Questions' started by Ken, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Ken

Ken Administrator

Has anyone purchased the iphone 5? I know the screen is a little larger, the phone thinner, faster network, longer battery life, any feedback on it? I have the iphone 4 so I may upgrade so I can get the Siri and other functionality of the new generation iphones.

2. bmac007

bmac007 Member

I have the 4S.. What was awesome is that Apple gave all 4S users the new operating system called Apple IOS6. It's got great maps, you can do all kind of stuff with it... check out the link below to all the upgrades with the new IOS6:
    http://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/

I have heard it's not worth upgrading from 4S to 5 as not a lot different.. A 4 to a 5 might be worth it..

3. CopperLady

CopperLady New Member

I am planning to buy my first iphone 5 next week. I will let you know how I like it. I heard it is great.

4. bmac007

bmac007 Member

Awesome.. for thos eof you that have a MACBOOK.. you can download "mountain Lion" which is new operating system and if you have "apple TV" what's cool is that whatever you play or do on your MAC shows on your TVscreen... you can just play a movie on your mac and your apple TV plays it... pretty cool... The "Mountain Lion" is a 19.99 upgrade.. worth it as it has 200 upgrades apparently...

5. LAPPY50

LAPPY50 Super Moderator

I am starting to get fed up with T Mobile. My coverage isn't great but I am under contract and my wife doesn't want to switch. I would like to go to Verizon.

Also, eventually I will get a MacBook! I am in Computer overload right now- never thought I would be a gadget groupee!! LOL!

6. bmac007

bmac007 Member

I was never a APPLY fan but I am now.. MACBOOK was one of the greatest things I did... Time machine is awesome and backs up everything... the iphone syncs with everything on the macbook.. of course they make it easy... when the 2 years is up... verizon is way to go.. FOR ANYONE THAT HAS VERIZON.. make sure to look into the family plan which they combined everything.. I think I pay $175 out the door for my wife and I and we both have UNLIMITED everything !!! Great stuff...