HOA and Rec Fees

Discussion in 'Sun City New Members' started by DDD, Aug 5, 2020.

1. DDD

DDD New Member

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I thought of a new question. I've been wondering, on average, how much does the rec center annual fee increase each year?

I know there are a lot of different condo HOA's, but from what you personally have experience with, how much does your condo HOA fee increase each year?

Thank you for your help. I look forward to eventually being a homeowner in Sun City.

2. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

Hello DDD

The rec fees have not been increased for two years now, so the next increase may be for $10 - $25. No one knows except for the board members, and the announcement usually comes in the fall with the increase due of Feb. 1st.

HOA's are a bit trickier to predict. There was a new law issued by the State of AZ which states each homeowner will receive a statement copy each month so the homeowner knows the amount and due date of the HOA monthly fee. This additional cost is going to increase HOA fees by about $15-$20 a month, depending on postage rates, and what the HOA had deemed their costs for such services.

My Aunt lives in a condo with rock landscaping and a HOA and her costs will probably go up the amount mentioned above. There are some of these condo's and and townhouses which have grass. Higher cost to maintain, with water, fertilizing, and mowing. I have seen some of the HOA fees for these types of condos range up to $350 a month. The costs of doing business is the cost at which the HOA's try to keep their fees, but it can also come about where residents want more than the usual, and the costs go up. Extra flowers, extra trees, more times a month mowed, and so on.

So my answer to the how much do they go up each year is really up to the residents to attend the condo board meetings and make you voice heard otherwise the sky is the limit.

DDD likes this.
  3. DDD

DDD New Member

Thank you, CMartinez. I always appreciate your response.

4. IndependentCynic

IndependentCynic Active Member

Just butting in this conversation, but I'd guess the Annual Assessment (Rec Center Fee) will have to go up with the Grand center now open -- staff, maintenance costs, utilities, etc. are all incremental expenses to previous budgets. I have no idea how much, however.

5. DDD

DDD New Member

Thank you IndependentCynic.