HB2374 (READ the BILL)

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Ida Eisert, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Ida Eisert

Ida Eisert Member

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Not sure your point Ida, the intent was for Payne to submit a bill that allows the RCSC to get out from under what the judge will most likely force them to do. Let me guess, the bill was written by RCSC's attorneys? Curious? Do you think functioning under T33 would crush Sun City and destroy our way of life?

3. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

So, I read the bill, so what? It is trying to get around the Planned Communities Act by stating " ASSOCIATION DOES NOT INCLUDE AN ORGANIZATION THAT IS CREATED OR INCORPORATED FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF SUPPORTING RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES IN A REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT. The argument then becomes the RCSC is strictly for the support of recreational activities. Trouble is the RCSC is for much more than just recreational activities. It is a wholly owned corporation in the business of running a community. If I were a judge, I would see this as pandering, and throw the book at you. But then again, I am not in the law anymore

So that means Jan and the board are feverishly amending documents as we speak to make them match the proposed amendment. Sneaky!! Just amend the current docs to match the planned community act, title 33, section 16, and you will have accomplished so much more.

4. BPearson

Anyone ever look at what Kevin Payne did before he became a legislator?

Just asking eh?

5. CMartinez

He drove a roach coach

6. BPearson

7. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I sent an email to all the people.
    Ben Toma replied and said he would vote Yes.

8. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Can't agree with your statements on this post Carole. So many residents of Sun City live here and never use RCSC facilities unless they want to purchase a privilege card. Residents of the care facilities, large apartment style condos for rentals and single family renters can golf, bowl or go to the 2 libraries every day of the week without having to pay an assessment. The libraries are open to all Maricopa County residents and bowling & golf requires only a small non-cardholder increased fee to participate.

Hours of time is volunteered to the SC Posse, SCCAN, SCHOA, PRIDES and so many other "community" organizations. To me the RCSC is the parks & recreation department....not running the community of Sun City.

9. Riggo

Riggo Member

It looks to me like the RCSC has become a Political Action Committee not a recreation department...using your dollars and without your voice.

10. CMartinez

Aggie, corporate documents as well as the articles of incorporation deem the RCSC to be more than a parks and rec department. The collections of fees, the PIF, the rules of conduct in regards to members, The description of the duties of the board, all point to being a corporate entity to govern the community.

I see SCHOA as the keeper of the flame. They have the duties of keeping the age overlay, the property conditions, and community advocacy. The hours volunteered at all of the Sun City entities in enumerable. It is not limited to the the named departments in your response.

My answer is to the single statement of the "legislation" redirects language within current documents, to include other planned communities, around the current status involved within their existing community documents. In can take hundreds of HOA's and throw them out of the window if any of them mention recreational activities in their governing documents. Currently, the RCSC docs do not specifically say it is a corporation strictly for the support of recreational activities, which means there has to be some feverish amending go on right now as we speak.

I hope there is enough backbone on the new board to vote no on the amendments to the corporate documents, which will be coming down the pike.

11. Ida Eisert

Ida Eisert Member

12. Ida Eisert

Ida Eisert Member

13. Ida Eisert

Ida Eisert Member

We are the Champions my friends.

14. Riggo

Riggo Member

Ida: You have made a series of four posts in this thread, including the original, and I do not see your point nor do I believe you have stated one. Am I missing something? What are you trying to say? Enlighten me as, respectfully, this is incoherent.

15. BPearson

Before you declare yourself the Champion, how about a lightening round of jeopardy Ida: Two easy ones...for $100, your friendly conservative legislator, Kevin Payne, has he or his food truck K Star BBQ ever sold food at an RCSC event? And a followup, is the catering company he owns with his wife on the list of recommended caterer's for the RCSC?

And how about one last one just for shoots and giggles, if either answer is correct above, do you see even a remote hint of conflict of interest?

Champions indeed!

16. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Different subject but once again I have forgotten how to post a new thread.
    I just had another birthday. Maybe I am getting old (older)?

Anyway. I am interested in people opinion of State of the Union address last night.

17. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

That was the State of the Union? I thought the Cartoon Channel was running a special.

Edited to say: Sorry....couldn't resist being drawn into commenting. I violated my New Years Resolution by posting the above.

CMartinez likes this.
  18. Riggo

Riggo Member

The Arizona Corporation Commishion lists the sole principals of K Star Ranch BBQ, LLC as Kevin Payne and Kathleen Payne. Kevin Payne is the statutory agent. I am sure the Arizona Legislative Ethics Committee will be interested in this information. This single purpose legislation is starting to stink. Shame on the Board, Jan Eck, and Kevin Payne.

19. CMartinez

Yeah!! for Aggie.

20. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Riggo- Please note that the HB2371 that you are referring to was from last year's legislative session.

See the article regarding food trucks here:

https://ij.org/press-release/arizon...eing-food-trucks-to-operate-across-the-state/

Out of curiosity, have you purchased property in Sun City or Sun City West yet? A couple years ago you were asking about the advantages/disadvantages of both locations. Any decisions yet?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019