Good Thoughts Please

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by CMartinez, Aug 25, 2019.

1. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

Geoffrey de Villehardouin, aka Dave Wieland is in John C Lincoln hospital in an induced coma. He suffered a heart attack, but was revived and taken to the hospital. I ask for your good vibes and thoughts for Dave right now in his time of need. If this inappropriate for the forum, please let me know and I will remove it. Thank you all!!

carptrash likes this.
  2. IndependentCynic

IndependentCynic Active Member

Sad news; my thoughts are with Dave and his family.

3. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Very sad Carole. Nothing but best wishes and prayers for his recovery, If we learn nothing else from living in Sun City, we need understand every day we get is a blessing and we should embrace it as a gift from whatever higher power you believe in.

4. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Your post was very appropriate and appreciated. I'm sending out my wishes for recovery and strength. We have excellent medical facilities here in AZ and Dave's stubbornness gives him an edge. Please keep us updated.

carptrash likes this.
  5. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Thanks for the update, please keep us posted.

6. CMartinez

Just left Dave's room, they have in an induced coma, and are dropping his body temp to about 36 degrees for 24 hours to try and control the swelling on the brain. When I left the technician was there to do an ultrasound on his heart. Diane, his steady for 9 years now, was there and filled me in on what happened. We talked for a while while sitting at Dave's bedside, as I have heard you don't know what the person is hearing, so we kept the conversation going just in case.

As I hear more, I will update as available. I read all of your good wishes to Dave while sitting there, so he knows you are all keeping him in your thoughts. Thank you so much.

Emily Litella and carptrash like this.
  7. BPearson

Any word on David, Carole?

carptrash likes this.
  8. CMartinez

He has awoke and is speaking and we have a brand new lease on life. So glad to see him awake and alert and speaking. No visitors yet, but are thrilled with his progress.

Emily Litella and carptrash like this.
  9. BPearson

Awesome

10. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I'm sure Dave will be back here on his tablet to get the latest Sun City gab. I wish you continued recovery and hope to see you back here soon.

11. BPearson

I heard the latest on Dave and it didn't sound good. Any more word Carole?

12. CMartinez

Dave is coming along well and the prognosis is great. Was there on Saturday for a visit, and he was talking and laughing. Looking forward to a great recovery.

13. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

That's great! Tell him hi for me.