Events in Sun City Arizona

Discussion in 'Sun City Phoenix (Original), West & Grand - Arizon' started by Sulley007, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Sulley007

Sulley007 New Member

Out of the many cultural events held in Sun City each year, few draw crowds as large as the Sun City Carnival organized by Kenny Chesney does. This country music artist has its biggest fan base in this city, and actually makes the city seem pretty crowded during this time of year. The summer tour will be held in the Gillette Stadium, able to hold thousands of people comfortably. With Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Montgomery Gentry and Sugarland as opening acts, this is hardly some run of the mill concert that you can afford to miss.

2. LAPPY50

LAPPY50 Super Moderator

Wow, thats a great lineup of Country Talent...may try to get to this! Keep us posted for sure!

3. pylinkneyxoip

pylinkneyxoip New Member

ya I agree with you Sulley...this city has amazing talented people that's why there have organized lots of event...as we know last year Carnival organized by Kenny Chesney... carnival is big event of country.....we proud to be a citizen of Sun City Arizona.

4. bmac007

bmac007 Member

YEP!!!!! Looking forward to the day we move there!!!

5. Fiona

Fiona New Member

I would like to mention that there is a neat Farmer's Market at the Bell recreation center down on Hutton every Thursday from 8 to noon. The Clay Club at Lake Center will be setting up a booth there if you would like to see some of our art on the 18th. Hope to meet some of you there!!!

6. bmac007

bmac007 Member

Fiona, just asked you on another post if this farmers market was weekly or monthly.. thanks for answering this in advance.. look forward to the day well be there... What is your favorite part of the Farmers Market? Do they have great fresh produce but also unique things to buy?

7. Fiona

Fiona New Member

Hi bmac007

I am sorry to answer so late but I just noticed your post. We will have the markets every Thurs until May 23 when they shut down for the summer. They have some awesome produce along with homemade horshradish, bakery goods, cooking oils and way too many things to mention. Last week there seemed to be twice the number of vendors there so it is growing quickly.