Carpet cleaner

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by pegmih, Nov 16, 2017.

1. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Yesterday I had my carpets cleaned by Cranmore.
    The cleaner was prompt and the price was good.
    It took 1 & 1/2 hours and I am pleased with result.

I had 2 recommendations for this carpet cleaner.
    One was a family member another was a TOSC member.

One of the pluses was a definite time. Not a "window".

2. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone, I can add another great cleaning service.

I have had various work done in our Sun City home over the years. Have been happy with the work done, and it accomplished what it was I set to do.

I happen to pay attention to the last issue of the Grand Season, and inside, was an offer and pictures of previous work done. I called as the prices were right, and it was definitely time for the tile to be cleaned.

Gotta tell ya, the tile is fantastically clean, and the dying of the grout to make it back to the original color is phenomenal. This tile in this home dates back to the 90's and was put in by a previous owner. The tile now has the little flecks of sparkle the tile, and the rooms look new again. Only had the high traffic areas done, and the grout, which was almost black in some spots, looks fantastic.

So, who is this amazing company? It is ER Grout & Tile Restoration. Family owner, local small business. The are bonded, insured, and are registered with the ROC. They are also a family owned and run company, and so all of the money they earn is spent here in the valley. They are based out of Glendale, and have a spotless BBB record.

I always try to use local companies for all of my projects. Most have done good work, but I wanted to take the time to really let you folks know of a great service, for a great price with pride of their work. Great work ethics.

So, if you are needing the tile cleaned in your home, please give these folks a call, you won't be sorry.

3. BruceW

BruceW Active Member

Perfect, this is what we all like to see, nothing better than first hand recommendations.
    Time to start my own approved vendor list for future reference.

4. CMartinez

Ever since we moved into our phase one home, I wanted a gas stove. We have gas to the house, so it was a matter of getting the gas to stove area. It meant looking at new stoves as well as a contractor to get the gas to where it needed to be in the house.

We called three different contractors to come out and give us bids, All three are registered contractors with the ROC and none had complaints against their license.

One came in extremely low, another one was mid range, and one was kind of high. We assessed which one would we prefer to do the work, and it was the highest one. We called , discussed the bids, the work to be done, and asked for a comparable quote.

I am happy to report I have another contractor to recommend. The name of the company is The Plumber Guy. They are local, out of Peoria, and it turns out, a member of the SCHOA approved vendor list. Carlin and Gary did an excellent job of running the new gas line, as well as doing some remodeling work on the existing cabinets to allow the new stove to line up perfectly, when it gets here. They kept us informed throughout the process, and called and emailed when they were on their way.

Very professional, personable, and informed as to what needed to be done, how it was going to be accomplished, and keeping us, the homeowner, in the loop as the work progressed.

So, if you need any kind of plumbing work, please call The Plumber Guy, 623-208-5917. The also offer discount coupons on their website, as well as a Sun City discount.

We are going to have more work done around the house, so as I find those deserving of a positive recommendation, I will include it here on the TOSC.

5. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Are you talking about gas stove tops?
    That's what my condo came with.
    I find it very hard to clean.
    With an electric stove top all you have to do is wipe it.
    With the gas you have to clean the burners, the element area, etc.

P.S. My water heater is gas and I understand that is a good thing.

6. CMartinez

Hi Peg,

The newer gas stoves are not quite as difficult to deal with as former models. The grates are all across the front, in one continuous shape across. Cleaning the grates now will be a breeze as far as I am concerned, as we had a drop in electric range, and it had the glass top, and the burner area was starting to fade and disappear from the top area. Also, the glass top electric ranges can be finicky about heating the element and staying consistent on temperature. Our electric stove top started to develop "hot spots" again. We have to call the appliance repair person to come out and replace the electric element. Also, if you drop anything on the smooth top, and it cracks or breaks, it is $300 for a new one. I have had electric stoves for years, and have made do. When I saw the opportunity to change back to gas, I was thrilled. For starters, gas is cheaper then electric as far as my house goes. Then when I turn off a burner, it will be turned off, not stay hot for upwards of 20 minutes or so. Finally, I adore the heat setting available on gas. I can quickly see what I have the flame at and feel confident it will stay at the preferred temp.
    I am not saying electric is bad, I am saying for me, gas is much more preferred. I also am getting a convection over, so I get to learn something brand new.
    So my next topic, once the stove gets here, will be the humorous and not so funny antics of learning a new stove. Is charred spelled with one "L" or two. LOL